Energy and energy-saving technology; application for funding for development and innovation.
The Free State of Bavaria promotes the research, development and application of new energy and energy-saving technologies.
Funding is intended to enable the research, development and application of new energy and energy-saving technologies. This is also intended to improve economic efficiency and environmental compatibility, reduce dependence on non-renewable energy sources, increase energy supply security and create and maintain jobs. Beyond the individual case, this is also intended to contribute in particular to achieving national and international goals for improving energy efficiency, saving energy, increasing the use of renewable energies and reducing energy-related CO2 emissions.
Companies with their registered office or branch in the Free State of Bavaria are eligible to apply.
Type and scope
The funding is provided in the form of grants as part of project funding.
The grant amounts to
- up to 50% of the eligible expenditure for individual company projects in the field of industrial research,
- up to 35% of the eligible expenditure (for SMEs in accordance with Annex I of the AGVO) or up to 25% (for companies that are not SMEs in accordance with Annex I of the AGVO) for individual company projects in the field of experimental development,
- up to 40% of eligible expenditure (for SMEs in accordance with Annex I of the GBER) or up to 30% (for companies that are not SMEs in accordance with Annex I of the GBER) for technical feasibility studies in the run-up to industrial research or experimental development,
- up to 40% of the eligible expenses (for SMEs pursuant to Annex I of the GBER) or up to 30% (for companies that are not SMEs pursuant to Annex I of the GBER) for energy efficiency measures within the meaning of Art. 38 of the GBER for investments in energy measures, which serve the purpose of demonstration and introduction (demonstration projects),
- up to 50% of the eligible expenditure (for SMEs pursuant to Annex I of the GBER) or up to 40% (for companies that are not SMEs pursuant to Annex I of the GBER) for investments within the meaning of Art. 41 of the GBER for the promotion of renewable energies that serve the purpose of demonstration and introduction (demonstration projects), provided that funding is not excluded due to the EEG funding.
The implementation of the project must be associated with a significant technical and economic risk. The projects must be characterized by a high degree of innovation, i.e. the technologies, products and services to be developed or demonstrated must go beyond the state of the art in science and technology.
The essential parts of the project must be carried out in the Free State of Bavaria.
Funding will not be provided for projects that have already been started prior to receipt of a verifiable application by the responsible project management organization or that are being carried out on behalf of third parties not involved in the project.
At least one of the partners significantly involved in the project must already have specific research capacities (in the case of research projects), specific development capacities (in the case of development projects) or relevant technical experience (in the case of demonstration projects) at the time of application. Studies must be carried out independently by a neutral body that is not involved in any subsequent implementation of the study results.
The applicant must demonstrably use an appropriate amount of its own or external funds for the financing, in accordance with its financial, liquidity and earnings situation, and these funds must not be replaced or reduced in price by other public funding.
Cumulation with funds of the European Union or with other state aid is only possible under the conditions of Art. 8 GBER.
Companies in difficulty are not eligible for funding. This applies in particular to applicants for whose assets insolvency proceedings have been applied for or opened. The same applies to applicants and, if the applicant is a legal entity, to its legal representatives, who have submitted or are obliged to submit an affidavit pursuant to Section 807 ZPO or Section 284 AO.
A company that has not complied with a recovery order issued on the basis of a previous Commission decision determining that a grant is unlawful and incompatible with the common market may not be granted a grant under these funding principles.
Outlines and applications for grants are to be sent to the project management organization.
Applications must be submitted in writing and electronically. The access data for this can be obtained from the project management organization. Further information is provided on the Internet platform for electronic application (ELAN) of the State Ministry for Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy (see "Online procedure").
The project executing agency, in the name of and on behalf of the Free State of Bavaria, reviews the outlines and applications, makes a recommendation for the funding decision, if necessary also with the involvement of expert consultants, and handles the processing of the funding, the processing of payment requests, the review of the interim reports, the proof of use and the utilization reports as well as the handling of correspondence with the applicants. The project executing agency is entitled to obtain explanations from the applicants regarding the applications and the processing of the funding. The project management organization is obligated to maintain confidentiality.
The granting authority is the Bavarian State Ministry of Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy. The granting authority issues the notice of award and disburses the funding. The calls for funds and the proof of use must be submitted to the project management organization, which forwards them to the approval authority.
Early contact with the project executing agency is recommended. Funding is provided without legal entitlement within the framework of the available budget.
Upon submission of an initial verifiable application, the project can be started at the applicant's own risk.
detailed project description including exploitation plan
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited