Master craftsman bonus for passing master craftsman's examination or equivalent further training examination; payment
In Bavaria, every successful graduate of further vocational training to become a master craftsman or an equivalent qualification receives the Bavarian state government's master craftsman bonus.
Attracting qualified skilled workers is one of the major challenges facing society and the economy in the future. With the master craftsman bonus, the Free State of Bavaria therefore provides an incentive for people to undertake further vocational training and to strengthen their own qualifications.
The master craftsman bonus is awarded to persons who have passed the master craftsman's examination or an equivalent further training examination under public law in industrial and commercial professions, in the public service sector, in the professions of agriculture and home economics. It is also granted in the case of successfully passed public advanced training examinations in these fields at technical schools and technical academies.
Graduates of other specializations at technical schools and technical academies in Bavaria with state final examinations for technician, master craftsman, interpreter, business administrator, educator, etc. (degrees in the area of responsibility of the Bavarian State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs) receive a master craftsman bonus based on the announcement of the Bavarian State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs dated June 12, 2019, file no. VI.7-BH9001.7/41/9.
For examinations where the examination result was determined after May 31, 2019, the bonus amounts to 2,000 euros.
- The examination was taken before the technically and locally competent body in the Free State of Bavaria and the certificate was issued by this body. An exception is only possible if the examination is not offered in Bavaria. This is only the case if the examination is not offered in Bavaria as a matter of principle or if it would be necessary to wait more than one year for the examination. In all other cases, the graduate loses the right to the master bonus if he or she takes the examination outside Bavaria.
- The degree must be listed in the annex to the guidelines for awarding the master craftsman bonus and the master craftsman prize of the Bavarian state government (see under "Legal basis").
- Main residence or place of employment must have been in Bavaria at the time of the examination registration or at the time of the examination results.
- The date on which the examination result was determined must not be more than two years ago.
After passing the exam, graduates in Bavaria are contacted by the responsible offices, through which payment is also made, for further application.
In order to receive the master craftsman bonus, the date on which the examination result was determined may not be more than two years ago. The date of receipt of the application by the competent office is decisive for compliance with the deadline.
As a rule, payment is made twice a year. It can take several months from the issuance of the certificate to the payment.
confirmation of employer
Confirmation of registration from the residents' registration office
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited