Biotechnology and genetic engineering, life science; application for funding
The Free State of Bavaria supports cooperation projects in the field of life sciences, with a focus on biotechnology and genetic engineering, provided that they can be assigned to industrial research or experimental development.
- The implementation of the project must be associated with a significant technical and economic risk.
- The project must be characterized by a high degree of innovation, i.e. the technologies, products and services to be developed must go beyond the state of the art in science and technology.
- The main parts of the project must be carried out in Bavaria.
- Funding will not be provided for projects that have already been started before the project management organization receives a verifiable application or that are being carried out primarily on behalf of third parties not involved in the collaborative project.
- At least one of the partners significantly involved in the project must already have specific research and development capacities and relevant technical experience, in the case of companies also in the area of production, at the time of application.
- Applicants or project participants must demonstrably use an appropriate amount of their own or external funds for the financing of the project, which are not financed by other public aid or interest subsidies.
- Cumulation with funds of the European Union or with other state aid is only possible under the conditions of Art. 8 General Block Exemption Regulation (GBER).
- Companies in difficulty pursuant to Art. 1 para. 4 lit. c) in conjunction with Art. 2 No. 18 GBER are not eligible for support. This applies in particular to applicants for whose assets insolvency proceedings have been filed or opened. The same shall apply to applicants and, if the applicant is a legal entity, to its legal representatives who have submitted or are obliged to submit an affidavit pursuant to Section 807 of the German Code of Civil Procedure (ZPO) or Section 284 of the German Fiscal Code (AO).
- An enterprise which has not complied with a recovery order issued on the basis of a previous Commission decision establishing the unlawfulness and incompatibility of aid with the common market may not be granted aid under these funding principles.
- The publication of the approval of projects shall be made in accordance with Art. 9 para. 1 lit. c) GBER in connection with Annex III GBER.
- Outlines and applications for grants are to be sent to the project management organization.
- Applications must be submitted in writing and electronically. The access data for this can be obtained from the project management organization. Further information is provided on the Internet platform for electronic application (ELAN) of the State Ministry for Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy (see "Online procedure").
- The project executing agency, in the name of and on behalf of the Free State of Bavaria, reviews the outlines and applications, makes a recommendation for the funding decision, if necessary also with the involvement of expert consultants, and handles the processing of the funding, the processing of payment requests, the review of the interim reports, the proof of use and the utilization reports as well as the handling of correspondence with the applicants. The project executing agency is entitled to obtain explanations from the applicants regarding the applications and the processing of the funding. The project management organization is obligated to maintain confidentiality.
- The granting authority is the Bavarian State Ministry of Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy. The granting authority issues the notice of award and disburses the funding. The calls for funds and the proof of use must be submitted to the project management organization, which forwards them to the granting authority.
- Pursuant to Art. 91 BayHO, the Bavarian Supreme Audit Office is entitled to conduct additional audits at the grant recipients.
- Calls for funding will be issued.
- Early contact with the project management organization is recommended.
- Funding is provided without legal entitlement within the framework of the available budget.
Project outlines and project description
In the first stage, project outlines (in accordance with the call for proposals) must be submitted to the project management organization in full and on time. After a comparative project selection, an application including a detailed project description, including an exploitation plan and proof of funding, must be submitted for selected projects for each network participant. Projects that are not selected will not be considered further.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited