All-day offerings; application for the establishment and promotion of bound all-day offerings
School funding bodies can apply for the establishment and funding of restricted all-day programs.
In order to enable mothers and fathers to reconcile family and career as well as appropriate forms of family division of labor, all-day schools offer families not only care but also educational support. With all-day schools, however, Bavaria is not only sending out a sociopolitical signal, but is above all focusing on educational goals. All-day schooling is an educational opportunity with a distinctive quality of content. More time is available for extended educational and support opportunities. All-day schools in Bavaria are committed to the triad of education, upbringing and care.
The Free State of Bavaria provides weekly teacher hours and/or subsidies to cover the additional personnel costs of all-day programs at state and municipal schools as well as independent schools.
Recipient of funding
The subsidies are paid to the school operating authority, the school authority or the cooperation partner.
Type and amount
Depending on the type of school, the subsidy currently amounts to between 23,887.00 and 38,594.00 euros per full-day class and school year at municipal schools and independent schools. State schools receive a budget of between 7,936.00 and 23,884.00 euros per class and school year in addition to the teacher hours per week, which includes a municipal co-financing allowance of 6,604.00 euros.
The promotion of a bound all-day program requires, among other things, that
- on at least four weekdays of each full week of instruction, an all-day educational and childcare program with a continuously structured stay at the school until 4 p.m. in principle and in the scope of at least 7.5 hours per day is provided, which is obligatory for the students on all four days of the week,
- the morning and afternoon activities of the pupils are conceptually related,
- the lessons are taught in a separate all-day class in a rhythmic form, and that the educational and childcare program is organized and carried out under the supervision and responsibility of the school administration.
The further requirements for approval can be found in the respective announcement by the Ministry of Education and in the documents relating to the annual application procedure.
The application for the establishment and funding of an all-day program must be prepared by the school management. The application must be submitted to the relevant government by the annually set application date for the following school year - for primary and secondary schools via the state education offices, for secondary modern schools and grammar schools via the offices of the ministerial commissioners, for business schools and special schools directly.
The State Education Offices and the offices of the Ministerial Commissioners forward the applications to the responsible government.
The governments are responsible, among other things, for approving and granting all-day schooling, for paying out the funding and for checking the proof of use.
The application date will be announced in each case as part of the annual application and approval process.
Pedagogical all-day concept
Draft timetable with marking of the additional teacher weekly hours
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Unterricht und Kultus
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited