Purpose of the funding
In the field of art, cultural investments and projects by non-governmental and non-commercial sponsors are to be supported. The funding area covers the whole of Bavaria, excluding measures in Munich and Nuremberg.
In the field of education, projects with a cultural focus are to be supported with particular emphasis in the area.
The district government in whose region the project is to be carried out is responsible for processing the application. If the project is to be implemented in several administrative districts, the district government in whose region the applicant is based is responsible. For projects in the field of education (projects in which the focus is not on the presentation/performance of culture and cultural performances in front of an audience, as in the case of plays, concerts, readings, exhibitions, for example, but on the joint development of various cultural topics), the Cultural Fund "Cultural Education" would be relevant.
Object of funding
- Theater area
- Promotion of investments in non-governmental theatrical venues (as far as no funding is provided by FAG funds)
- Support for special theater projects, e.g. special productions
- Museum sector
- Promotion of investments in non-governmental museums
- Support for exhibitions and other projects of non-governmental museums
- Promotion of contemporary art
- Promotion of investments in the construction and expansion of exhibition spaces and "artists' houses
- Promotion of exhibitions, symposia and similar projects
- Bavarian studio support program for visual artists
- Cultivation of music
- Promotion of investments in the construction and expansion of event and rehearsal rooms
- Support for events and other projects, especially in the field of contemporary music, and for measures to promote talented musicians
- Amateur music
- Promotion of investments in the construction and expansion of event and rehearsal rooms for amateur music associations
- Promotion of suitable individual projects
- Archives, libraries, literature
- Support for projects and investments in non-governmental libraries and archives
- Promotion of events in the context of literature cultivation
- International exchange of ideas
- Promotion of international meetings in the field of art and culture
- Other cultural events and projects
- Support for innovative projects and interdisciplinary projects from the above-mentioned cultural funding areas
Recipients of funding
Arts: Non-governmental sponsors (natural persons and legal entities) that do not pursue a profit-making objective with the project.
Area of art: Measures with total eligible costs of less than 10,000 euros are not supported by the Cultural Fund.
Type and amount
Area of art: Funding rate of up to 30% of eligible costs.