Technology-oriented business start-ups; applying for funding
The Free State of Bavaria supports research and development (R&D) projects by founders in the field of general technologies, provided they can be assigned to industrial research or experimental development.
- The implementation of the project must be associated with a considerable technical and economic risk, but must nevertheless appear to be technically feasible on the basis of the proposed solution.
- The project must be characterized by a high degree of innovation, i.e. the technologies, products and services to be developed must go beyond the state of the art in science and technology.
- The applicant must carry out the essential parts of the project in Bavaria.
- Projects that have already been started before the project management organization receives a verifiable application or are being carried out on behalf of third parties are not eligible for funding.
- The applicant company must have specific research and development capacities.
- Applicants must provide evidence that they are using an appropriate amount of their own or external funds to finance the project, which are not financed or subsidized by other public funds.
- Cumulation with European Union funds or other state aid is generally not possible.
- Companies in difficulty will not be supported. This applies in particular to applicants for whom insolvency proceedings have been applied for or opened.
- Outlines and applications for grants must be submitted to the Bavarian Project Management Agency.
- Applications must be submitted in a specific form and must be submitted electronically. The access data for this can be obtained from the project management organization. Further information is available on the Internet platform for electronic applications (ELAN) of the Bavarian State Ministry of Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy (see "Online procedure").
- The Bavarian Project Management Agency will review the outlines and applications in the name of and on behalf of the Free State of Bavaria, will make a recommendation for the funding decision, if necessary with the involvement of experts, and will process the funding, process the payment requests, review the interim reports, the proof of use and the utilization reports as well as handle the correspondence with the applicants. The project management organization is entitled to obtain explanations from the applicants regarding the applications and the processing of the funding. The project management organization is obliged to maintain confidentiality.
- The granting authority is the Bavarian State Ministry of Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy. The approval authority issues the grant notification and disburses the funding. The calls for funds and the proof of use must be submitted to the project management organization, which forwards them to the granting authority.
Early contact with the project sponsor is recommended. Funding is provided without legal entitlement within the scope of available budget funds.
The processing time from the first application to the funding decision is around 6 months or 3 months for concept projects. Once the first verifiable application has been submitted, the project can be started at the applicant's own risk.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited