Innovation vouchers for small businesses and craft enterprises; application for funding
The Free State of Bavaria promotes research and development services for small companies/handicraft enterprises in the field of general technologies.
The "Innovation Vouchers" funding program is intended to introduce small companies/handicraft enterprises to cooperation with research institutions and other companies/innovation partners. This is intended to strengthen their innovative strength for the challenges of the future.
Funding can be provided for the planning, development and implementation of new products, production processes or services or a significant improvement of existing products, production processes and services. The development of software is generally not eligible for funding.
Recipients of funding
Eligible applicants are small companies/craft enterprises in the commercial sector or the liberal professions which employ fewer than 50 people, whose annual turnover or annual balance sheet does not exceed EUR 10 million and which have a permanent establishment or branch in Bavaria, as well as start-ups with their registered office in Bavaria.
Only services provided by external research and development institutions are eligible for funding.
Type and scope
The funding is provided in the form of grants as part of project funding.
The aid intensity is 40 percent of the eligible costs, increased by 10 percentage points each time up to a maximum of 60 percent if the company is based in a "region with a special need for action", if a university or comparable non-university research institution is commissioned and in the case of microenterprises with fewer than 10 employees.
- Projects that have already begun before the Bavarian project management agency receives a verifiable application are not eligible for funding.
- Applicants must demonstrably use an appropriate amount of their own funds or external funds to finance the project, which are not financed by other public aid or interest subsidies.
- Cumulation with funds from the European Union or other state aid is generally not possible.
- Companies in difficulty are not eligible for support. This applies in particular to applicants over whose assets insolvency proceedings have been filed or opened.
- Applications for grants are to be submitted to the Project Management Agency Bavaria.
- Applications must be submitted in writing and electronically. The access data for this can be obtained from the project management organization.
- The project management agency will review the applications in the name of and on behalf of the Free State of Bavaria, if necessary with the involvement of expert consultants, issue the notice of grant and handle the processing of the grant, the processing of the proof of use and pay out the grant funds.
Early contact with the project sponsor is recommended. Funding is provided without legal entitlement within the framework of the available budget.
The processing time is about 4 weeks.
Innovationsgutscheine - Antragsverwaltungssystem
You must register in order to use the online application system. After sending the application, you will receive a confirmation of receipt with a file number and a PDF document in the attachment sent to your e-mail address. You must print out the PDF document, sign it and send it by post to the Project Management Agency Bavaria together with any missing documents.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited