Land consolidation is an instrument for the sustainable development of the cultural landscape. It is intended to improve the production and working conditions in agriculture and forestry, to maintain and expand the performance and functional capacity of the natural balance, to protect the natural basis of life (soil, water, air) and to support the necessary expansion of infrastructure. With land readjustment, the economic and ecological interests in the cultural landscape can also be harmonized. The offices for rural development offer technical, organizational, legal and financial support. This makes it possible to implement an area-wide reorganization of land ownership, the implementation of construction and design measures, traffic development and improvement of infrastructure, water management measures, measures for leisure and recreation as well as measures for soil protection, nature conservation and land management. Land consolidation strengthens the economy and improves the structure of the rural area as a place to live, work, recreate and enjoy nature.
In land readjustment, the following expenses are eligible for funding
planning and construction of roads and paths water management measures measures for soil protection, nature conservation and landscape management measures for leisure and recreation land readjustment with surveying, demarcation and valuation the reorganization of vineyards and special crops.
Regional authorities and associations of regional authorities are eligible to apply.
Eligible costs, type and amount
The amount of funding depends on the economic capacity of the participant community. In detail, they amount to
- up to 75% for the planning and construction of roads and paths, waterways, land management measures, leisure and recreation measures, and land readjustment measures
- for the reorganization of vineyards and special crops up to 65 %.
The subsidy can be increased, among other things:
- for land readjustments with special ecological objectives or high significance for the preservation of the cultural landscape
- for the implementation of an integrated rural development concept or a local development strategy (within the framework of LEADER)
- in the case of land management measures, if there is a special public interest or to secure the ecological purpose in rem.
In land readjustment, the participants' own contribution to long-term leased agricultural land can be subsidized by up to 50%.