Hospice and palliative care; application for funding for qualification measures.
The Bavarian State Ministry of Health and Care (StMGP) grants a subsidy for qualification measures in palliative care in accordance with the general budgetary provisions without legal obligation and within the limits of the available budgetary funds.
The funding is intended to support qualification measures in the field of palliative care.
The Bavarian State Ministry of Health and Care (StMGP) provides a grant for qualification measures in palliative care.
Recipients of the grant
Beneficiaries are the academies for palliative medicine, palliative care and hospice work in Bavaria that are recognized as non-profit organizations and exist as of 01.01.2007. The academies must meet the following requirements for the training center and the teaching staff:
- The qualification measure is responsibly managed by a member of staff appointed by the further training institution who has a professional degree and sufficient experience in palliative medicine, palliative care or hospice work as well as a pedagogical qualification (e.g. course leader training for palliative care courses) or who cooperates in the course management with a pedagogically qualified person. Qualifications and modalities deviating from this can be recognized as equivalent upon application.
- The teaching team is multidisciplinary.
- The training center has the necessary rooms and adequate facilities, teaching and learning aids and access to the relevant specialist literature.
Eligible costs include material, personnel, administrative, honorarium, lecturer and other expenses for the courses.
Type and amount
The StMGP grants a subsidy for the implementation of qualification measures as partial financing. The subsidy rate is regularly 10% of the total eligible expenses. At least 10% of the total eligible expenses must be borne by the grantee itself. This also applies if funding is provided by several funding agencies.
The target group of the qualification measures must be physicians, nurses and other persons working in the field of palliative care.
Eligible qualification measures are courses that impart the necessary knowledge in palliative care for the further training of the aforementioned group of persons and work according to the recognized curricula. In particular, the following are eligible for funding
- Qualification measures in palliative care for professionals from nursing (160 hours) and professionals from psychosocial fields of work and from pastoral care (120 hours) in accordance with the currently valid version of the concept ("qualification profile"), which was developed by the expert group "Palliative Medicine and Hospice Work" of the former Bavarian State Ministry for the Environment and Health [course type 1],
- Courses for the acquisition of the additional medical training "Palliative Medicine", which are recognized by the Bavarian Medical Association [course type 2] and
- in-depth courses in palliative care for specialists who have completed further training in accordance with Tiret 1 and 2 [course type 3].
Coordinator seminars and seminars on leadership skills are not funded.
A further prerequisite for funding is that
- at least 12 persons participated in the event or at least 10 persons of the mentioned target group participated in the event according to Tiret 3,
- it is a paid event in Bavaria with at least 8 hours of technical content and the speakers have practical experience in palliative care.
The academies for palliative medicine, palliative care and hospice work submit an application for funding of qualification measures to the Bavarian State Ministry for Health and Care (Department 46) for the respective calendar year and before the courses begin. The application covers the courses - broken down by course type - for the entire calendar year. The training program must be enclosed with the application. Additional qualification measures that are only launched in the course of the calendar year must also be applied for as part of an amendment application before the start of the additional course.
The Bavarian State Ministry of Health and Care issues a grant notification after positive review of the application.
The grant is paid out upon written application. The "Application for Payment" form must be used for the application for payment. Academies may submit up to two partial payment applications. The Bavarian State Ministry of Health and Care will pay out the grant in proportion to the eligible expenses claimed.
As a rule, the Bavarian State Ministry of Health and Care retains a final installment from the grant, which is not paid out until the proof of use has been reviewed.
The processing time is 2 to 3 months after complete receipt of the application documents.
Supplementary information form
To be requested in electronic form from the Bavarian State Ministry of Health and Care at the e-mail address email@example.com and to be completed in full.
Training programme with the courses for the entire calendar year
The courses are to be structured according to course type.
Form 'Facts relevant to the subsidy ... - Declaration'.
To be requested in electronic form from the Bavarian State Ministry for Health and Care at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and to be completed in full.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit und Pflege
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited