Private secondary schools; application for an operating grant.
School authorities of private secondary schools, grammar schools, independent Waldorf schools (from grade 5) and schools of the second educational path receive an operating subsidy for personnel expenses and school expenses in accordance with Art. 38 and Art. 45 Para. 1 of the Bavarian School Financing Act.
Object and beneficiaries
School operators of private state-recognized and state-approved secondary schools, grammar schools, independent Waldorf schools (from grade 5 onwards), as well as second-chance schools receive a grant (operating grant) to cover the necessary personnel and school expenses.
Type and amount
Operating subsidies are granted in relation to the calendar year. The official pupil numbers as of October 1 of the previous year form the basis. Using the pupil numbers, the eligible teaching staff hours can be calculated in application of the tables in Art. 17 of the Bavarian School Financing Act (BaySchFG). These are multiplied by the flat-rate costs of one teaching staff hour. The teaching staff costs calculated in this way are multiplied by a subsidy rate of 112%.
The actual personnel expenses of the school operator are irrelevant for the calculation.
Among other things:
- Only schools operated by legal entities under public or private law and operating on a non-profit basis receive state funding (proof must be provided in the form of a certificate from the tax office). This includes ecclesiastical legal entities, including those under Article 9 of the Bavarian Concordat with the Holy See of March 29, 1924, and Article 13 of the Treaty between the Bavarian State and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Bavaria on the Right Bank of the Rhine of November 15, 1924.
- State recognition of the school; in the case of state approval, the requirements of Art. 45, Para. 1 BaySchFG must be met.
These include that
- the school is fully developed
- the school offers the guarantee that it permanently fulfills the educational goals of the corresponding public schools in a way that makes it appear equivalent to public schools,
- there are no major objections from the school supervisory authorities,
- the school has been in operation for at least 4 school years as of 01.08. of a year (start of subsidy), and
- the school is intended to operate on a permanent basis.
Grants are awarded by the Bavarian State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs, usually in the form of installment payments on February 15, May 15 and August 15, based on the previous year's grant, and a final payment including settlement on November 15 of the respective year.
The school authorities receive the application documents from the Bavarian State Ministry at the beginning of the year and submit them in writing by May 31 of the year, together with the necessary supporting documents.
Entitled persons are provided with the necessary forms by the Bavarian State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs on an annual basis.
Applications must be submitted by May 31 of the year to receive the annual grant.
The application is processed in the current grant year (financial year). Grants are also awarded in the same year.
Betriebs- und Versorgungzuschuss - Antragsformular
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Objection or administrative court action
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Unterricht und Kultus
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited