Private secondary and vocational schools; application for grants for construction measures.
Sponsors of private secondary schools, grammar schools, independent Waldorf schools (from grade 5), vocational schools and second-chance schools can receive voluntary state grants for necessary construction measures approved by the school authorities.
Subject matter and funding recipients
Pursuant to Articles 43 and 45 (3) of the Bavarian School Financing Act (BaySchFG), the sponsors of private, state-recognized and approved secondary schools, grammar schools, independent Waldorf schools (from grade 5 onwards), vocational schools and second-chance schools may be granted a voluntary state subsidy for necessary construction measures approved by the school authorities in accordance with the state budget. Funding is also available for the construction of school sports facilities for the types of schools mentioned as well as for private dormitories run by non-profit organizations. The construction or operation of the school or home must be in the public interest.
Type and amount
The amount of funding is up to 50% of the eligible costs in accordance with analogous application of the guidelines on the allocations of the Free State of Bavaria for municipal construction measures in the municipal financial equalization (FA-ZR).
Among other things:
- State recognition of the school; in the case of state approval, the requirements of Art. 45 (2) BaySchFG must be met,
- School authorities operated by legal entities under public or private law must provide proof of non-profit status (certificate from the tax office),
- construction has not yet begun,
- necessity of the measure,
- approval of the room program by the school supervisory authority,
- approval of the concrete planning by the school authorities,
- in rem security for any claims for repayment for the period of earmarking of the grant (usually 25 years).
- When awarding contracts to fulfill the purpose of the grant, the provisions of procurement law must be observed.
The application must be submitted in writing to the locally responsible government with all required documents. After examination, the government decides on the granting of a voluntary state contribution.
If you are planning/intent on a construction measure, please contact the locally responsible government as early as possible to avoid errors or deficiencies in the application. A proper application usually leads to a shorter processing time.
Funding is provided in accordance with the state budget; there is no entitlement to funding.
Applications for funding may be submitted throughout the year. Construction measures may not be started without prior approval from the government. Otherwise, the approval of grants under Art. 43 BaySchFG is no longer possible.
For simple construction measures, approx. 6 months; for larger/more extensive measures, longer processing times are possible in individual cases.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Unterricht und Kultus
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited