Inter-municipal cooperation; application for funding
The Free State of Bavaria grants subsidies for new exemplary inter-municipal cooperation projects.
Purpose and object
With the funding, the state grants a subsidy for new and exemplary projects in inter-municipal cooperation (on the basis of the forms provided for under the Law on Municipal Cooperation, Art. 54 et seq. Bavarian Administrative Procedure Act and Articles 2 and 3 of the Act on the Implementation of the Personal Status Act). Together, numerous municipal tasks can be performed better, faster, more effectively, in greater variety and more economically, so that not only the municipalities benefit through synergy effects, but also the citizens through an improved range of services.
Recipients of funding
All Bavarian local authorities and their associations in the legal form of a legal entity under public law, as well as the companies and institutions they manage, are eligible to apply.
Type and amount
The grant is awarded by way of project funding in the form of fixed-amount financing. As a standard grant for the implementation of a corresponding cooperation project, an allocation of 50,000 euros will be awarded, up to a maximum of 85% of the eligible expenses incurred in compliance with the principle of economic efficiency.
An increased allocation of up to 90,000 euros can be granted to cooperation projects in sub-areas with a special need for action in accordance with the state development program.
Contact persons are available at each government for questions about inter-municipal cooperation and its funding opportunities.
- Only new cooperation projects are eligible for funding; the project may not yet have been started (conclusion of a supply or service contract attributable to execution).
- There must be a corresponding resolution of the decision-making bodies of the participating municipalities in which the tasks that are to be the subject of the cooperation and the goals that are to be achieved with the cooperation project are specified.
- The cooperation must not be limited to insignificant aspects; it should serve as a model for the action potential of inter-municipal cooperation.
- The cooperation project is to be established on a permanent basis, for a minimum of 5 years.
- Through the cooperation, a saving of personnel and material expenses in the cooperating task areas of at least 15% per year is to be achieved. The reduction in expenditure due to the grant itself is not taken into account.
- No funding is provided if other funds from the Free State of Bavaria are used for the project.
- Cooperation projects with less than 5,000 euros in eligible expenses are not eligible for funding.
- There is no legal entitlement to funding; funding is provided within the framework of the available budget funds.
The application must be submitted in simple form via the legal supervisory authority to the locally responsible government (granting authority). The application must describe the savings in personnel and material expenses (comparison of personnel and material costs before and after the cooperation). In addition, the application must include a declaration that the measure has not yet been started and the content and time sequence of the specific cooperation project.
The locally responsible government decides with the involvement of its contact person for inter-municipal cooperation and, if necessary, with the involvement of the specialist supervisory authorities. The government issues a written notice of approval.
Proof of use
Proof that the funds have been used for the intended purpose is provided in the form of a confirmation of use. The report must contain a brief description of the project.
An application can only be submitted if the cooperation project has not yet been started.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited