German Screenplay Award; submission of a proposal for a screenplay
Submit your screenplay proposed for the German Screenplay Award
Proposals for an award may be submitted by:
- Film funding bodies of the federal states
- German Federal Film Board (FFA)
- Board of Trustees for Young German Film
- Drama Department of the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media (BKM)
- Association of German Screenwriters e.V. (VDD)
- Association of German Stage and Media Publishers e.V. (VDB)
- Association for Film and Television Dramaturgy e.V. (VeDRA)
- Association of Agencies for Film, Television and Theatre e.V. (VdA)
- the screenplay must have been completed in the two calendar years preceding the awarding of the prize
- filming of the screenplay may not begin before the year in which the prize is awarded
- the screenplay must not have been nominated for the German Screenplay Award in the past
- the screenplay must be allowed to be shown to the jury
- the author must have his/her permanent residence in Germany
- the screenplay must be written in the German language
- only screenplays for feature films can be submitted
You must submit your screenplay for the German Screenplay Award in writing and by e-mail to the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media (BKM).
- The specialist department K 35 at the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media requests proposals for the German Screenplay Award from the institutions entitled to do so.
- On the basis of the proposals submitted, you will receive a letter from the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media inviting you to take part in the procedure.
- Compile all the necessary documents.
- Send a single copy of the written documents by post (not with a firm ring or glue binding) to Film Department K 35 at the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media.
- Send the documents additionally as separate PDF documents by e-mail to the BKM(firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The jury of the German Screenplay Award will deliberate on the submitted book proposals. The BKM decides on the awards based on the jury's suggestions.
- The announcement of the nominations will be made via a press release as well as by post.
- You will then receive a postal invitation to the award ceremony.
- The Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media will announce the winner at an award ceremony in February.
- During the award ceremony, the author of the screenplay will receive the award.
- Submission of screenplays by the beginning of July each year
- Deadline will be announced in a letter from the BKM to the authors.
- for the processing of the proposal, approximately 7 months from the call for proposals in May to the awarding of the prize in February
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Die Beauftragte der Bundesregierung für Kultur und Medien
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited