You must apply to enter the German Publishing Award online at the German Publishing Award website.
- Go to the German Publishing Award website, fill out your application form online, and submit it.
- You will receive electronic confirmation by e-mail that your application has been received. The e-mail will also contain your application number and a PDF with your details.
- You print the PDF and sign it.
- Also print out all other requested documents. You will find these documents for download under the navigation link Application documents on the website of the German Publishing Award.
- Sign all documents and send them by mail to the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media (BKM).
- The requirement to print out and sign the documents does not apply if you have logged into the online application portal via "Elster - My Company Account".
- You can also submit additional documents to supplement your application. Please upload these on the application portal if possible. You will need to log in with your user name and password to do so.
- You can also submit book copies by mail for review.
- You will be notified by BKM via email if you are selected for the award.
- If you also receive an award, payment will be made to your business account following the award ceremony.
If you use the money, you should take care to use it only for expenses in the sense of your declaration of commitment and to pay taxes on it on your own responsibility.
You are not entitled to have the application materials you submit returned to you. If you have voluntarily submitted book copies for review, they will be donated to a non-profit organization at the conclusion of the application process.
You can object to the donation by e-mail within four weeks of the end of the online application period.
Note: You can also log into your user account at any time after submitting your application.
For example, you can view the data from your last application if you wish to apply again next year.