Apply for number assignment for recreational or commercial shipping (Ship Station License)
The Federal Network Agency will assign you numbers for recreational and commercial shipping in the form of a Ship Station License upon application. You must also notify certain changes.
To be able to submit a new application for number allocation, you must own a German ship.
German ships are those that
- are registered in the German maritime or inland waterway register in accordance with the relevant regulations,
- are provided with a valid official or officially recognized German registration number, if there is no obligation to register the ship,
- are owned by German nationals if there is no obligation to register or to display a license plate for the vessel.
In addition, you may only use radio equipment that meets the requirements of the European Union (EU) for marine equipment. Your radio equipment must also comply with the legal requirements.
- Call up the online application via the federal portal verwaltung.bund.de.
- This will guide you step by step through the necessary information.
- To access the form, you must provide proof of your identity (BundID account / ELSTER organization account).
- Complete the form online.
- Upload any other documents you need to attach to the application.
- Submit the application.
- Alternatively, you can complete the application, print it out, sign it and send it by e-mail or post.
- You will receive the ship station license and the notification of fees with instructions on legal remedies for download via the inbox of your account after successful verification, if you have selected this option in the application form.
- Number allocations are subject to a fee; a fee notice for all your allocations will be made available for download at a later date via the federal user account.
- Alternatively, the documents will be sent to you by post.
Application by post or e-mail:
- Go to the website of the Federal Network Agency and download the form.
- Fill in everything, save the form or print it out and send it together with the documents to the Federal Network Agency by e-mail or post.
- You will receive the Ship Station License and the fee notice with instructions on legal remedies by post after a successful examination.
- Applications with incorrect information will not be processed. In this case, the BNetzA will contact you for correction.
- Existing allocations of call signs issued under the previous frequency allocations for mobile maritime and inland waterway radio stations (frequency allocation certificates) remain valid.
- There are no plans to replace the existing certificates with new ship station licenses. Certificates issued before 01.01.2019 remain valid internationally as long as you do not make any changes to the radio station.
The application documents must be submitted in full within 2 weeks, otherwise the application cannot be processed and the application data will be deleted.
1 bis 4 Wochen
- The allocation of numbers - and, under certain circumstances, their rejection - is subject to a fee. The amount of the fees is calculated in accordance with the Special Fee Ordinance of the Federal Network Agency (BNetzA BGebV) as amended.
- In addition, the holder of a number assignment must pay annual fees. The amount of these contributions is determined in accordance with the Frequency Protection Contribution Ordinance (FSBeitrV), as amended. The basis for determining the contribution rates is the actually incurred contributable expenses/costs in a calendar year for the respective user group. These can only be determined retrospectively. A contribution forecast is not possible. The costs are not constant, as they depend on various and variable factors, such as the level of disruption in the relevant contribution year. For these reasons, the contribution rates are subject to fluctuations.
- Further information on how to lodge an objection can be found in the notification or fee notice relating to your application.
Appeal to the administrative court
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Digitales und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited