Artists' social security contribution; advice for registered companies

If you have any questions about the artists' social security contribution, you can contact the Künstlersozialkasse.


The Künstlersozialkasse (KSK) will advise you on all matters relating to the artists' social security levy. You will be informed about your rights and obligations in connection with the levy under the Artists' Social Security Act.
This includes the following points:

  • why are you required to pay the levy,
  • when do you have to pay the levy,
  • what must be included in your remuneration report,
  • what is the rate of the levy,
  • what is the general procedure,
  • how do you meet your record-keeping obligations,
  • what information do you have to give,
  • when do you have to pay a surcharge for late payment,
  • what is the statute of limitations,
  • what is a compensation association.


You are already registered as a company with the KSK.


You ask the KSK questions by telephone or in writing or request information about the artists' social security contribution.

  • The KSK will inform you in writing or by telephone


You do not have to meet any deadlines.

Processing time

by telephone: usually none
in writing: usually 1 to 5 days

Required documents

  • Required Documents

    You do not need to submit any documentation.


  • There are no costs for you.


There is no provision for appeal.


Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.