Artists' social security contribution; advice for non-registered companies
The Künstlersozialkasse will advise you on all questions concerning the Künstlersozialabgabe.
The Künstlersozialkasse (KSK) informs you as a potential entrepreneur or exploiter who is obliged to pay the artists' social security contribution about your rights and obligations.
You will receive information on whether you as an entrepreneur or exploiter are subject to the artists' social security contribution and what the amount of the contribution is.
This includes the following points:
- Why are you liable to pay the artists' social security contribution,
- when do you have to pay the artists' social security contribution,
- what is to be included in your remuneration report,
- who is a self-employed artist or journalist,
- what is the rate of the levy,
- what is the general procedure,
- how do you fulfil your obligation to keep records,
- what information do you have to give,
- when do you have to pay a surcharge for late payment,
- what is the statute of limitations,
- what is a compensation association.
It is a special feature that self-employed persons working in an artistic or journalistic capacity only have to pay half of their contributions themselves. The other half is financed by a federal subsidy and the artists' social security contribution of the companies.
You are not yet registered as a company with the KSK.
You ask the KSK questions by telephone or in writing, or request information about the artists' social security contribution electronically.
- The KSK will inform you in writing, by telephone or electronically.
You do not have to meet any deadlines.
by telephone: usually none
in writing or electronically: usually 1 to 5 days
There is no provision for appeal.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited