Foreign VAT identification number; confirmation of validity
If you want to trade in goods and services within the EU, you must apply for a VAT identification number.
The right to query are:
- Owner with a valid German VAT ID. Or
- Warehousekeepers within the meaning of the Vat Act
You can carry out the simple and qualified query on the website of the Federal Central Office for Taxation, by e-mail, by telephone, by post, by fax, electronically by interface (XML-RPC standard).
- Go to the electronic form on the page of the Federal Central Tax Office and follow the instructions.
- The result is displayed directly to you.
- If you want a written notification (official confirmation notice), you must click on the appropriate field.
- You can back up the result of your simple and qualified query by screenshot on your computer.
By post, phone or fax:
- The simple and qualified query can be done by post, telephone, fax or e-mail.
- You will receive the answer in writing.
- The so-called XML-RPC interface gives companies the opportunity to check foreign VAT ID. into our own software systems and VAT-IdNr. automated queries.
- The integration of the XML-RPC interface must be carried out by the company on its own initiative and requires appropriate programming knowledge.
- The Federal Central Tax Office cannot provide any assistance or assistance in this regard.
Immediately (if necessary mail run)
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium der Finanzen
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited