Apply for a tax reduction for shore power supply for watercraft
You can apply for a tax reduction for commercial watercraft moored in the port and using shore power while moored. You can obtain the permit from your local main customs office.
- You operate commercial shipping and purchase shore power for your watercraft
- You comply with the state requirements for tax reduction.
- You keep a receipt book.
- You keep records of the tax-privileged quantities of electricity withdrawn in the calendar year.
- You record the tax-privileged purposes in a way that can be verified by an expert third party.
- You must report any changes to the declared circumstances.
You can apply for a tax reduction for shore power supply in writing or online at your local main customs office.
- Go to the website of the German customs authorities and call up the form "Application for the granting/amendment of a permit for the tax-privileged withdrawal of shore-side electricity supply for watercraft" (form 1457). You can complete the form directly on your computer.
- Print out the completed form and, if necessary, attach the required documents.
- Sign the completed form and submit it to your local main customs office. The main customs office will check your application.
- You will receive a decision with the individual permit or a rejection.
- In the case of an individual permit, you will be issued with a permit certificate showing that you are entitled to purchase electricity at the reduced tax rate.
- Go to the online service of German customs at www.zoll-portal.de
- To apply for an electricity tax reduction via the customs portal, you must register once. For registration and all applications, you will need proof of identity via ELSTER or online ID function with ID card.
- Once you are registered, select the "Energy and electricity tax (further applications)" form, complete it and add any additional documents.
- Send off the application. The main customs office will check your application.
- You will receive a message that you can call up the decision with the individual permit or a rejection in the customs portal.
- In the case of an individual permit, you will be issued a permit certificate showing that you are entitled to purchase electricity at the reduced tax rate.
There are no indications or special features.
There are no deadlines.
1 bis 182 Tage
- Operating declaration
- if applicable. Form 1139 "State aid"
- Extract from the register of companies, cooperatives or associations in which your company is registered
- Declaration of the appointment of an authorized representative, if applicable
- Legal action before the tax court
- You can lodge an appeal against the decision of the main customs office within one month and, if necessary, take legal action before the tax court. For details, please contact the main customs office responsible for you or your legal advisor.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium der Finanzen
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited