Price statistics; transmission of data
As a company, you can be used for the collection of price statistics under certain conditions.
The Federal Statistical Office and the statistical offices of the Länder conduct the surveys for their price statistics within the framework of the legal provisions (see the section on legal bases).
The Federal Statistical Office determines the indices for Germany on a monthly or quarterly or semiannual basis through various forms of data collection:
- On-site survey in the individual survey units by price investigators,
- Evaluation of catalogs, tariffs, fee schedules, laws and administrative regulations,
- Survey on the Internet,
- Survey by paper questionnaires (for construction services price statistics),
- reporting via the online reporting procedure IDEV (Internet data collection in the network)
- or telephone survey of the survey units for selected products
- and access to special databases or purchase of data from private providers.
If your company is selected, you can submit the majority of the data online:
- You will receive a letter with the request to transmit your data to the Federal Statistical Office or to the responsible statistical office of the federal state (Heranziehungsbescheid). You can find out which information is required in your case from the letter.
- Log on to the survey portal of the federal and state statistical offices. Follow the respective instructions to use the online reporting procedure IDEV.
- IDEV: Transmit the data via electronic online forms. IDEV supports you to reduce your effort.
- You received the access data for IDEV in a separate letter following the summons.
- If necessary, the responsible statistical office will contact you in case of incomplete or implausible information.
The procedure can only be performed in German. An English translation can be provided in PDF format for some price statistics as an aid if required.
You can find out how long you have to submit the data in the letter from the Federal Statistical Office or the State Statistical Office. In addition, for online surveys, you will usually receive a reminder by email before each survey wave.
- In the case of an online survey, the responsible statistical office will immediately confirm the transmission of your data.
- You will usually need between 10 and 20 minutes to process the survey for each statistic, and between 2 and 3 hours for the statistics on average electricity and gas prices.
Detailed information on how to lodge an appeal can be found in the notice of appeal issued by the Federal Statistical Office.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Klimaschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited