Railroad market survey; participation in the survey
The Federal Network Agency regularly analyzes developments on the rail market. The aim is to identify potential for discrimination and strengthen competition. The data and its analyses are published in the "Rail Market Survey".
In order to be able to fulfill its market investigation tasks, the Federal Network Agency (BNetzA) needs access to current and valid information on
- the rail market in general
- and the railroad companies in particular.
To this end, the BNetzA surveys numerous companies from the rail sector every year, including for example
- Railroad undertakings,
- operators of railroad lines,
- operators of service facilities and
- plant railroads.
If you have been invited to take part in the rail market observation and are required to submit your company's key figures to the Federal Network Agency, you can log on to the Federal Network Agency's rail web portal with your access data. There you can edit the forms activated for your company and submit them to the BNetzA. The contents are adapted to different fields of activity in the railroad sector.
- You are active in the rail transport market.
- You must have been invited to the "Rail Market Observation".
- You must have the access data for your user account in the Web Portal Rail.
- You will receive a letter, usually in March or April, inviting you to participate in the "Rail Market Survey" by the Federal Network Agency.
- If you have already participated in the survey in the past, you will already be familiar with your access data to the rail web portal.
- If you are participating for the first time, you can register yourself and assign a password. The additionally required reporting point number will be assigned by the Federal Network Agency and transmitted to you.
- You edit your master data form and submit this to the Federal Network Agency.
- Afterwards, questionnaires will be activated for you, which must also be processed and submitted to the Federal Network Agency.
- If necessary, the questionnaires will be returned to you via the portal for correction.
- Once the forms have been confirmed, the survey is completed for you for the current year.
There are no indications or specifics
Your questionnaires are unlocked for 4 weeks for processing. If you need more time, you can request an extension of 2 weeks.
You have 4 weeks to complete the questionnaires. Upon request, the processing time can be extended by 2 weeks (4 Wochen)
There are no legal remedies.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Digitales und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited