Minimum wage; registration of employees
If you are an employer based abroad and employ people in Germany, you must register them via the Minimum Wage Reporting Portal. The same applies if you borrow temporary workers from a lender based abroad.
- There is no applicant, as there is no application procedure. Therefore, there are also no requirements for submitting a notification.
The notification of the employee is to be carried out online in the reporting portal-minimum wage.
- Register on the reporting portal-minimum wage.
- Confirm your e-mail address and log in.
- Complete all the required data, upload the evidence if necessary and click on "Send".
- You will immediately see a confirmation of receipt in the application, with the notification ID, date and time of your notification.
There are some exceptions to the reporting requirement, including:
- regular monthly remuneration of more than EUR 2,958 gross per month
- regular monthly remuneration of more than EUR 2,000 gross, if demonstrably paid for the last 12 months
- family members of the employer
In some sectors (e.g. road transport), the reporting obligation has been modified so that less information is required. Customs provides information on the exceptions to the reporting requirements on its website.
- Message: before starting work
- Borrower: Document in which the lender based abroad assures that it complies with the minimum working conditions applicable in Germany.
No legal remedies are given.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium der Finanzen
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited