Child daycare facilities; application for staff approval

If a provider of a child daycare facility wishes to employ a pedagogical specialist or supplementary staff member without a recognized qualification, personnel approval must be applied for.



The pedagogical supplement or specialist to be hired does not have any of the following qualifications:

  • state-approved nursery school teacher
  • State-certified childcare worker / state-certified childcare worker
  • State-recognized social pedagogue (Diplom/B.A.)
  • State-recognized childhood educator (B.A.)
  • State-recognized curative educators (B.A.) who can provide evidence of at least one year of relevant professional experience in a mainstream facility as a supplementary worker
  • State-recognized curative education nurses - if the employment takes place in a day care facility in which at least one child with a disability or a child at risk of significant disability is regularly cared for


The provider of the childcare facility submits the application to the authority issuing the operating license. If the daycare center is run by a municipality belonging to the district, the district office is responsible. If the child day care facility is run by a district-free city and the district, the government is responsible.

At the request of the provider of a childcare facility, the competent authority checks whether professional suitability as defined by the legal requirements exists and whether a corresponding permit can be issued. Approval is granted on a workplace-specific basis, which means that if a specialist or supplementary staff member changes workplace, the new provider must obtain the relevant approval from the competent authority. If the authority confirms the qualification as a pedagogical specialist or supplementary staff member, they can be hired.

Special notes

You can check whether the profession or academic training in Bavaria has already been examined and assessed with regard to a pedagogical qualification via the Kita-Berufeliste of the Zentrum Bayern Familie und Soziales (see "Further information"). If the profession or academic training has already been assessed, a positive decision can be expected from the responsible supervisory authority if the assessment of the institution-specific factors is also positive.

If the profession or course of study is not listed, it is advisable to submit an application for an assessment of the professional qualification to the Bavarian State Youth Welfare Office via the locally responsible operating license authority and to find out whether the existing training qualifies the person to work as a specialist or supplementary staff member. The assessment is non-binding. The Bavarian State Youth Welfare Office does not recognize foreign professional qualifications, it only provides information on whether the professional qualification is comparable.



Required documents

  • The following documents are required:

    • Copy of personal identification documents (e.g. passport, residence permit, work permit)
    • Certificate of professional qualification(s) in the original and in German translation
    • Proof of the contents of the education (e.g. list of subjects)
    • Curriculum vitae in tabular form (with full details of educational and professional qualifications)
    • Evidence of professional activities in the desired occupational field (e.g. work visit or qualified work certificate)
    • Proof of your German language skills: Language level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
    • Letters/notices from other authorities


Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.

  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide: Antrag auf Personalzustimmung nach § 16 Abs. 6 AVBayKiBiG (Empfänger: Regierung)
    Please note

    This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.


  • none

Links to more information


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.