Company integration management is a preventive measure to (permanently) secure the jobs of severely disabled employees and employees with equal rights. Its implementation is the responsibility of the employer.
Company integration management (BEM) is intended to
- prevent a possible incapacity to work,
- overcome an already existing incapacity to work,
- contribute to maintaining the jobs of people with and without disabilities.
Employers are obliged to carry out BEM if an employee (with or without a disability) has been unable to work continuously or repeatedly for more than six weeks in the course of a year. The employee concerned, on the other hand, is not obliged to accept the offer of BEM. Within the framework of a BEM it is examined, for example, whether
- a redesign of the workplace (e.g. height-adjustable work desk, hoist, etc.) can alleviate a back problem,
- work can be organized in such a way that stress-related ailments are prevented,
- after a cancer illness, a reduction in working hours could ensure a return to work as unencumbered as possible,
- an inpatient medical rehab can improve the complaints in the long term and restore the ability to work.
The employer must first contact the employee concerned. The employee's consent and participation are required for all subsequent steps. In addition, the works or staff council and - in the case of severely disabled employees - the representative body for severely disabled employees must be consulted. If, in the case of severely disabled persons or persons of equal status, services provided by the Inclusion Office in the form of accompanying assistance come into consideration, the employer shall also involve the Inclusion Office in this procedure.
Other partners in the company, such as the company medical service or external help, such as the integration specialist service (IFD), form a team for the work in individual cases.
You can find more information on occupational integration management on the website of the ZBFS Inclusion Office (see "Related links").