Cableway operations manager; application for recognition of a foreign qualification
If you have worked abroad as a ropeway manager and now want to practice your learned profession in Bavaria, then you need recognition of your foreign qualification.
You can apply for recognition of your qualification if you have acquired your qualification as a ropeway operations manager abroad.
Once your professional qualification has been recognized, the operator of the ropeway where you wish to work as an operations manager can apply to the Government of Upper Bavaria for confirmation of your appointment as an operations manager for a specific ropeway. The specific requirements for the appointment as operations manager depend on the particular ropeway whose operation you want to supervise and whose safety you want to ensure.
If you have acquired your professional qualification as a ropeway operations manager abroad, then you must provide proof of your professional experience and completion of professional training.
As part of the recognition procedure, it will be checked whether your training and level of knowledge is comparable and equivalent to the "ropeway operations manager" qualification under national law.
You can submit the application for recognition of the foreign qualification informally to the competent authority, the Government of Upper Bavaria. You can also submit the application by e-mail.
The government will confirm receipt of your application and the documents within one month and inform you whether the documents are complete or which documents need to be submitted subsequently.
If you have submitted the documents in full, the Government of Upper Bavaria will check whether your foreign qualification is equivalent to the "ropeway operations manager" qualification regulated by state law.
In particular, it checks whether you are authorized to practice the profession of ropeway operations manager in your country of training and origin and whether there are significant differences between your foreign and domestic qualifications.
Within three months, the Government of Upper Bavaria decides on the recognition of your qualification:
- If the competent body comes to the conclusion that your qualification is equivalent to the qualification under state law as a "ropeway operations manager", then your qualification as a ropeway operations manager will be recognized.
- However, if the Government of Upper Bavaria determines that there are significant differences between the qualifications, then a compensatory measure is necessary.
- In the case of compensatory measures, you can choose between an adaptation course and an aptitude test. Without the compensatory measure, your profession cannot be recognized and you cannot be appointed as a ropeway operations manager.
- In the aptitude test, you must demonstrate the essential skills and knowledge you need for the profession as a "ropeway operations manager". The examination must be taken within six months of your election or determination.
The Government of Upper Bavaria will notify you of the decision on recognition and any necessary compensatory measures by means of a notice.
EU foreigners: Documents that are not in German must be submitted in a certified translation. All documents must be submitted in the original.
Non-EU foreigners: All documents (university degree, examination certificates, etc.) must be recognized by the Government of Swabia.
The Government of Upper Bavaria decides within three months. The period begins with receipt of the complete documents. The deadline can be extended once.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide:
Formloser Antrag (ohne Unterschrift)
This form requires no signature. You can sent it electronically (e.g. by secure email or De-Mail) or as hardcopy to the responsible authority.
You have the right to take administrative action against the decision of the responsible office. This means that you can take legal action against the decision.
You will find more detailed information and important notes, particularly with regard to deadlines, in the information on legal remedies at the end of your notification.
Responsible for editing: Bundesministerium des Innern und für Heimat
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited