Continuing education in nursing; application for recognition of an equivalent qualification.
If you have completed a comparable continuing education course in nursing outside of Bavaria (in another federal state or abroad) or have otherwise passed an examination, you can apply to the VdPB for recognition of the qualification.
In Bavaria, further training in nursing to become a facility manager, nursing service manager, practice supervisor and for gerontological psychiatric nursing and care is regulated within the Ordinance on the Implementation of the Nursing and Residential Quality Act and Further Training in Nursing and Midwifery (AVPfleWoqG). The advanced training courses serve to specialize in certain areas of nursing care in order to be able to maintain qualified personnel in these areas. On application, successfully completed modules of other further training courses or courses of study or comparable qualifications can be credited to the further training courses, provided that the contents are equivalent. This is checked by the Bavarian Association of Nurses (VdPB).
If you have completed comparable further training outside of Bavaria (in another federal state or abroad) for facility management, nursing service management, practice guidance and for gerontological psychiatric nursing and care, or have taken a comparable qualification elsewhere, an application can be made to the VdPB for the qualification to be equated (§ 57 AVPfleWoqG).
The entry requirements for the respective further training are regulated according to §§ 71, 75, 79, and 83 of the Ordinance on the Implementation of the Nursing and Residential Quality Act and Further Training in Nursing and Midwifery (AVPfleWoqG).
Equivalent qualifications according to § 57 AVPfleWoqG
If they are comparable and have been successfully completed, the following further training courses are treated as equivalent to further training courses:
- Further training courses in accordance with the legal and administrative regulations of the Federal Government or the Länder.
- Further training courses in accordance with the recommendations of the German Hospital Association (DKG)
- Further training courses in accordance with the further training concepts recommended by the Bavarian State Nursing Committee. However, only if this was started on 01.09.2011.
The equivalence of the continuing education courses is determined by the VdPB.
Courses of study can only be equated with continuing education upon application by the university (§ 57 para. 3 AVPfleWoqG). The recognized further education institutions and equivalent study courses can be found on the homepage of the Association of Nursing Professionals Bavaria (see further links).
The recognition is applied for online (see forms).
The required documents result from the further education to which an equivalence is to be made.
Different processing times result from the case-by-case examination.
- Online application
- Curriculum vitae
- Professional certificate(s)
- Further education certificate/s and certificates
- Work certificate/s
- Module handbooks on completed courses of study
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit und Pflege
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited