Late repatriates; application for recognition of a certificate or qualification for an IHK occupation
If you are a late repatriate and have a vocational training qualification in industry, commerce or the service sector, your vocational training certificate or qualification may be recognized under certain conditions.
- recognized late repatriate status or federal expellee ID card
- vocational qualification at skilled worker level in the countries of the former Soviet Union, Poland, Romania, former Czechoslovakia or Hungary
- the qualification is extensively comparable with the respective German educational qualification
You can only apply for recognition of your qualification in writing.
- Use the application form on the website of your local Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK) or under "Forms" (Application for recognition according to BVFG).
- If possible, speak personally with the responsible employee named for this purpose.
- Submit all documents mentioned in the application completely and certified.
- As a rule, you will receive verbal preliminary information as to whether and in which profession an equalization is possible.
- Your documents will be thoroughly checked and the application will be processed.
- You will receive a fee notice.
- Once the fee notice has been paid, you will be sent the notice of recognition or non-recognition.
The processing of the complete documents usually takes up to 6 weeks.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Deutscher Industrie- und Handelskammertag e.V.
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited