European professional card; validity check
Employers, professional associations or other concerned parties can check the validity of a European Professional Card online. To do so, they need the reference number and the personal identification data of the applicant.
The European Professional Card (EPC) is an electronic proof that a professional qualification is recognized by another EU country or that the requirements for the temporary provision of services in that country have been met.
You can check the authenticity of an EPC certificate presented by an employee, for example, online.
To verify online the authenticity of an EPC certificate presented by an employee, for example, proceed as follows:
- Open the online tool (see under "Online procedure")
- Enter the following data of the person who applied for the European Professional Card:
- Reference number / EPC certificate number
- Type of identification document
- Number of the identity document
- Check the box "I am not a robot" and confirm that you are a human visitor by answering the picture questions.
- Click on "Check validity"
- You may be shown the following results:
- If the EPC- certificate number is valid and matches the stored proof of identity, they will see the name, occupation, purpose, destination country and other details.
- You will be informed if
- the EPC certificate number does not exist,
- the EPC certificate number does not match the stored proof of identity, or
- the European Professional Card is invalid or expired.
Europäischer Berufsausweis - Gültigkeitsprüfung online
Via the online tool for checking the validity of applications for the European Professional Card, third parties can check the authenticity of an EPC certificate online. In addition to the EPC number, the personal identification data of the person applying for the European Professional Card are required.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited