Residence permit; application for au pair employees
An au-pair from a country outside the EU requires a residence permit (visa or residence permit), which explicitly allows the exercise of au-pair employment, in order to take up employment.
Requirements for the issuance of the residence permit:
- For au pair employees:
- Age between 18 and 27 years
- basic knowledge of the German language
- valid national visa for au-pair employees
- concluded au-pair contract
- health insurance
- registered main residence with the host family
- For host families: The host family speaks German as a native language. If German is only spoken as a family language (i.e. German is spoken predominantly in the family, although it is not the native language of the parents), the au-pair must not come from a home country of the host parents.
- The employment agency has approved the employment.
After entering the country, before the visa expires, a residence permit for the purpose of au pair employment must be applied for.
Current biometric photo (front shot)
Supporting documents evidencing medical insurance coverage
Certificate of residency certifying the person's principal place of residence with the host family
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited