Certificate of entitlement to examination; application
If you need a medical examination certificate to carry out a medical examination under the Youth Employment Protection Act, you must apply for one.
According to the Youth Employment Protection Act, persons under the age of 18 must undergo an initial examination before entering employment and a follow-up examination one year after commencing employment. This is to prevent young people from being employed in work that endangers their health or development.
The application for an examination certificate is to be submitted to the Labour Inspectorate at the competent government if the young person has not attended a Bavarian school or is no longer in possession of the examination certificate he or she received from the school.
The young person or the company must submit the application for the issue of an examination entitlement certificate for the initial examination in good time before starting work. At the same time as submitting this application, the young person or the company should also apply for the issue of an examination entitlement certificate for the first follow-up examination if he or she has not yet reached the age of 18 one year after commencing the first employment. Applications for additional follow-up examination authorization certificates must be made as needed.
The initial examination must be conducted within 14 months prior to entry into employment, and the first follow-up examination must be conducted between the 10th and 12th month after entry into employment. The certificate of completion of the initial examination must be received by the company prior to commencement of employment. The certificate confirming the first follow-up examination must be submitted one year after the start of the first employment, but no later than fourteen months after the start of the first employment. Further follow-up examination certificates can be applied for after the expiry of a further year, if the examination was carried out more than 14 months previously or for supplementary or extraordinary follow-up examinations which can be arranged by examining doctors in special cases.
If young people are employed on a minor basis or for no longer than 2 months in light work from which no health disadvantages for the young person are to be feared (e.g. holiday work, internships), no medical examinations are required.
You need a certificate of eligibility if you are
- are between 15 and 17 years old
- you want to take up a job and
- this work is not marginal and lasts longer than 2 months.
The Untersuchungsberechtigungsscheine can be issued by the Gewerbeaufsichtsamt under the following conditions:
- The young person attends or attended a general education school in Bavaria and is no longer in possession of a Untersuchungsberechtigungsschein that he or she received from school and does not receive another Untersuchungsberechtigungsschein from his or her school (e.g. because it is vacation time or it has been a while since he or she finished school).
- The young person does not attend or did not attend a Bavarian school. However, he/she will be or is to be employed in Bavaria.
If, however, he or she is in possession of an examination entitlement certificate from another federal state, the necessary examination must be carried out using the examination entitlement certificate issued by the respective federal state. There is free choice of doctor.
- Another examination authorization certificate is required because, for example.
- the initial examination took place more than 14 months ago,
- a further follow-up examination is required because the young person has not yet reached the age of 18, or
- either the doctor or the labour inspectorate has ordered an (extraordinary) follow-up examination.
The application is to be addressed to the labour inspectorate at the government in whose district the young person resides or, if his place of residence is outside Bavaria or Germany, is employed or is to be employed.
If the young person still attends a general education school in Bavaria, the school issues the examination entitlement certificates.
The examination certificate must be applied for before the examination and handed over to the doctor at the time of the examination.
The young person or the company must submit the application for the issue of a certificate of eligibility for the initial examination in good time before the start of the activity.
after receipt of application up to 3 working days
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited