Accident at work and on the way to work; notification to the agricultural accident insurance fund
If an occupational accident has occurred in your business or facility, you must report it.
As an entrepreneur or as an institution, you are obliged to report occupational accidents or commuting accidents of employees to the statutory accident insurance. The obligation to report exists if the person concerned is likely to be unable to work for more than 3 days.
After your report, the agricultural accident insurance will check whether and to what extent insurance coverage exists. This is the case, for example, if the accident is related to the farm activity. In addition, the accident insurance automatically checks what benefits it must provide.
The injured person should consult a so-called transit doctor after the occupational accident. These have special knowledge and experience in the field of accident medicine. In an emergency, it goes without saying that rapid medical assistance is important and the person concerned can consult any doctor.
- Occupational or commuting accident, as a result of which the person concerned is expected to be unable to work for more than 3 days.
You can report an occupational or commuting accident online or by mail.
If you want to submit the report online:
- Access the online "Accident report" form and fill it out as completely as possible by answering the questions there about the accident.
- If possible, have information on your membership number ready. This will allow your report to be assigned more quickly.
- Your report will be processed immediately upon receipt of your online form. You will receive a copy of the accident report for download.
- The agricultural accident insurance will then automatically check which benefits the person concerned is entitled to. You do not need to submit any further application.
If you want to submit the application by mail:
- Download the "accident notification" form from the website of the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture (SVLFG).
- Fill out the form completely and sign it. If applicable, the works council must also sign if there is one.
- Send the accident report to the address listed there.
- The agricultural accident insurance will then automatically check which benefits the person concerned is entitled to. You do not need to submit any further application for this.
You, as the owner of a business, or a person authorized by you, must file the report within 3 days of the accident.
The Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture checks the accident report and the benefits to be paid within 2 to 3 weeks.
This form requires no signature. You can sent it electronically (e.g. by secure email or De-Mail) or as hardcopy to the responsible authority.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited