Youth employment protection; application for a certificate of authorization to investigate.
If you need an examination authorization certificate to conduct a medical examination under the Youth Employment Protection Act, you must apply for one.
Under the Youth Employment Protection Act, persons under the age of 18 must undergo an initial examination before entering the workforce and a follow-up examination one year after commencing employment. This is to prevent young people from being employed in work that endangers their health or development.
The application for the issuance of an examination authorization certificate must be submitted to the trade supervisory office at the responsible government if the young person did not attend a Bavarian school or is no longer in possession of the examination authorization certificates he or she received from the school.
The young person or the company must submit the application for the issuance of an examination authorization certificate for the initial examination in good time before starting work. Together with this application, the young person or the enterprise should also apply for the issuance of an examination authorization certificate for the first follow-up examination if he or she has not yet reached the age of 18 one year after starting the first employment. Applications for additional follow-up examination authorization certificates must be made as needed.
The initial examination must be conducted within 14 months prior to entry into employment, and the first follow-up examination must be conducted between the 10th and 12th month after entry into employment. The certificate of completion of the initial examination must be received by the company prior to the start of employment. The certificate of completion of the first follow-up examination must be received one year after the start of the first employment, but no later than before the expiration of fourteen months. Further follow-up examination certificates may be applied for after the expiry of a further year, if the examination took place more than 14 months previously, or for supplementary or extraordinary follow-up examinations that may be arranged by examining physicians in special cases.
If young people are employed on a minor basis or for no longer than 2 months in light work, from which no health disadvantages for the young person are to be feared (e.g. vacation work, internships), no medical examinations are required.
You need a certificate of eligibility if you are
- are between 15 and 17 years old
- want to take up a job and
- this work is not minor and lasts longer than 2 months.
Investigation authorization certificates can be issued by the trade supervisory office under the following conditions:
- The young person attends or attended a general education school in Bavaria and is no longer in possession of a Untersuchungsberechtigungsschein that he or she received from the school and does not receive another Untersuchungsberechtigungsschein from his or her school (e.g., because it is vacation time or graduation was some time ago).
- The young person does not attend or did not attend a Bavarian school. However, he/she will be or is to be employed in Bavaria.
However, if he/she is in possession of an examination authorization certificate from another federal state, the necessary examination must be carried out using the examination authorization certificate issued by the respective federal state. There is free choice of doctor.
- A further examination certificate is required because, for example.
- the initial examination took place more than 14 months ago,
- a further follow-up examination is required because the young person has not yet reached the age of 18, or
- either the doctor or the trade supervisory office has ordered an (extraordinary) follow-up examination.
The application must be addressed to the trade supervisory office at the government in whose district the juvenile resides or, if his or her place of residence is outside Bavaria or Germany, is employed or is to be employed.
If the young person still attends a general education school in Bavaria, the school issues the examination authorization certificates.
The examination authorization certificate must be applied for before the examination and handed over to the doctor during the examination.
The young person or the company must submit the application for an examination authorization certificate for the initial examination in good time before the start of the activity.
after receipt of application up to 3 working days
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited