Spas and health resorts; application for funding to increase medical quality
The support program for increasing medical quality in Bavarian health resorts and spas helps Bavarian highly rated health resorts and spas as well as recognized medicinal spring and moor spa businesses to actively shape structural change.
The purpose of the funding is to further improve medical quality in terms of quality of results. In this context, the site-specific/ specific remedy/procedure is always to be taken into account.
The criteria/indicators for the increase of medical quality are determined measure-specifically according to the professional standards (evidence-based). Examples include:
- (Sustained) improvement in health status, quality of life, well-being.
- Increase in patient satisfaction
- Increase in utilization of effective preventive or therapeutic procedures
- Development of effective new treatment methods and health-promoting measures with the inclusion of the site-specific remedy/procedure and their evaluation
Funding of projects in the following areas:
- Improvement in the implementation of cures and medically oriented stays in order to meet the changed requirements, framework conditions and expectations of patients and participants.
- Optimization of contact points that support the spa guest in planning and compiling the spa process or the health-promoting aspects of his or her stay as well as in contacting the spa and bath doctor and the service providers ("pilot in the spa") and increasing the professional qualifications of the spa medical staff employed for this purpose,
- Measures for the further training of other spa medical personnel, which include the quality of treatment, care processes and treatment results,
- Further training of physicians to become spa and health resort physicians,
- Initial implementation of quality circles with special attention to future medical issues,
- Initial implementation, realization and evaluation of indication-related spa regimens (spa plans) for patients, and
- Initial implementation of an internal quality management system (in accordance with the "Agreement pursuant to Section 137d (3) of the German Social Code, Book V on the basic requirements for (facility) internal quality management for the provision of outpatient preventive services pursuant to Section 23 (2) of the German Social Code, Book V", in force since September 1, 2010).
- Orientation of spas and health resorts to future issues in medicine and health, such as the increase in mental and physical chronic illnesses, multimorbidity, occupational health management and corresponding offers for the self-employed, small business owners and micro-entrepreneurs, as well as offers for caregivers/caregiving relatives and others, in order to tap new groups of guests
- Investigations and studies on the effect of the special offers of health resorts and spas, in particular of site-specific remedies and natural healing methods for the increasingly occurring diseases of our time,
- Model projects for the development of new treatment fields and methods, which are oriented towards future topics in medicine and health (without investment costs).
- Project-related infrastructure measures to increase medical quality
- Support for the new implementation of modern and further development of existing spa and curative procedures, and
- Modernization of medical-technical equipment.
- Measures that are purely tourism or wellness-oriented are not eligible for funding.
The relevant measures must be sufficiently substantiated with scientific literature when the application is submitted.
Recipients of funding
Eligible applicants are:
- Municipalities that have been granted recognition in accordance with §§ 3 to 8 of the Ordinance on Recognition as a Spa or Recreation Resort and on the Establishment of the Bavarian Expert Committee for Spas, Recreation Resorts and Spas (BayAnerkV) of September 17, 1991 (GVBI p. 343, ber. S. 371, BayRS 2024-1-1-I) or which are the seat of a recognized spa and moor spa according to part 3 of the official list of recognized spa and recreation resorts in Bavaria or of a state spa (No. 1.3.1 of the FöR)
- Legal entities in municipalities according to No. 1.3.1 of the FöR, which manage the spa facilities (No. 1.3.1 of the FöR)
- Companies in municipalities according to No. 1.3.1 of the FöR, which predominantly carry out curative procedures such as e.g. outpatient preventive services according to § 23 Para. 2 SGB V (German Social Code), in doing so use the locally bound/specific natural remedies or natural curative procedures and settle with the cost units (No. 1.3.2 of the FöR)
- Associations, the majority of whose members meet the requirements of No. 1.3.1 of the FöR (No. 1.3.3 of the FöR).
- Other local authorities, associations and other institutions whose activities pursue the purpose and object (No. 1.1 and 1.2 of the Funding Regulations) of the Funding Regulations (No. 1.3.4 of the Funding Regulations)
Type and scope of the grant
The type and scope of the grant are based on the project to be funded. The grant is provided as part of project funding in the form of partial financing as an earmarked grant.
The grant amounts to up to 70% of the eligible expenses, up to a maximum of EUR 200,000. The recipient of the grant must contribute at least 10%. As a rule, funding is only granted if the final total eligible expenditure exceeds 25,000 euros (de minimis limit). The eligible expenditure for building construction measures must amount to at least 100,000 euros.
The implementation period is a maximum of 36 months (3 years).
The funding of a project requires - in addition to the consideration of purpose and object (No. 1.1 and 1.2 of the FöR) - that
- the project is carried out in Bavaria and serves to promote the medical quality in one of the Bavarian highly predicate health resorts and spas,
- the project has a chance of success
- a sufficient success control and documentation is ensured and
- the project has not been started before approval or, in exceptional cases, written approval has been granted for the early start of the measure.
The application must be submitted to the Bavarian State Office for Health and Food Safety. In the case of applications from municipalities, the form according to sample 1a to Art. 44 BayHO must also be enclosed. The Bavarian State Office for Health and Food Safety is the granting authority. In individual cases, the approval authority may waive the submission of certain documents or request additional documents.
The application form can be requested by e-mail here.
The Guideline for the Promotion of Measures to Improve Medical Quality in Bavaria's Highly Commended Spas and Health Resorts as well as Recognized Spas and Moorland Resorts (KuHeMo-FöR) will expire at the end of December 31, 2022.
Due to a multi-stage review process, applications are expected to take several months to process. We ask you to take this into account when planning your project.
A project description,
in which, in addition to details of the project (title, location, start and end), above all the background and objectives as well as the significance of the project for the medical quality in the highly predicatised health resorts and spas are presented,
a declaration by the competent body of the beneficiary that the action has been carried out,
a cost and financing plan,
where appropriate, an EU State aid declaration,
a statement of subsidy-relevant facts,
a declaration of consent in accordance with data protection law,
a statement from the respective municipality of the beneficiary in accordance with No. 1.3.2 of the FöR, and
for grant recipients pursuant to No. 1.3.4 of the Funding Regulations, a statement from the municipality pursuant to No. 1.3.1 of the Funding Regulations or from the association pursuant to No. 1.3.3 of the Funding Regulations whose area of responsibility is affected by the funding applied for.
For construction measures:
- Planning documents, consisting of
- the construction and/or spatial programme, if applicable with a note of recognition,
- a general plan and, if available, a survey map,
- a site plan of the building project, at least to a scale of 1:1000, showing the development,
- plans which verifiably demonstrate the type and scope of the building project,
- Preliminary approval or other proof of permissibility under building law (the building law procedure should, if possible, only be carried out after the building inspection),
- Explanatory report in accordance with model 6 to Art. 44 BayHO (including summary of area in accordance with model 6a to Art. 44 BayHO),
- Cost calculation in accordance with sample 5 to Art. 44 BayHO or in accordance with DIN 276, whereby those costs for which a grant is applied for are to be shown separately. If necessary, further cost breakdowns or calculations, the results of which were used as a basis for the cost determination, are to be enclosed. Areas and room contents are to be calculated in accordance with DIN 277.
Formblatt "Kosten- und Finanzierungsplan"
This form requires no signature. You can sent it electronically (e.g. by secure email or De-Mail) or as hardcopy to the responsible authority.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit und Pflege
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited