Bavarian training companies can apply for ESF+ funding for the training of young people whose opportunities on the training place market are reduced.
The eligible target group includes young people who have not yet reached the age of 25 on the day they start their vocational training and are German citizens or EU nationals or are in Bavaria on the day they start their vocational training with a secure residence status (e.g. residence permit, permanent residence permit). Refugees whose application for asylum has not yet been decided (permitted persons) or young people who are in Germany as tolerated persons are not included in the eligible target group.
The following are eligible for funding:
a) Training relationships with young people who start vocational training in the calendar year in which they leave school (school leaving year),
- if the young people were able to conclude the training contract from August 1 at the earliest and no later than December 31 of the year in which they left school despite successfully completing general schooling, unless they have obtained an intermediate school leaving certificate (e.g. Realschulabschluss) or a higher school leaving certificate, or
- if the young people left school as a pupil in a practical class or vocational orientation class at a Bavarian secondary school, regardless of when the training contract was concluded, or
- if the young people left the general school or a business school without a qualification, regardless of when the training contract was concluded.
b) Training contracts with so-called unplaced applicants from previous years, i.e. young people who left a general school or business school in the calendar year before the start of training or earlier, unless they have obtained an intermediate school leaving certificate (e.g. Realschulabschluss) or a higher school leaving certificate.
The group of previous applicants includes, for example
- young people who have completed vocational training prematurely without a qualification and conclude another training contract;
- young people who change training company (e.g. due to insolvency of the training company).
c) Training relationships with young people who attend or have attended a vocational integration class (BIK, BIK/V), a German class at vocational schools (DK-BS), a vocational integration year (BIJ), a vocational preparation year (BVJ) or a class for young people without a training place (JoA).
d) Training relationships with young people who are undergoing vocational training on a part-time basis in accordance with the provisions of the BBiG or the HwO, unless the training relationship is being carried out on a part-time basis because they are studying or attending an educational institution leading to a higher educational qualification at the same time as the company-based training.
e) Training relationships with young people who are dependent on the instrument of "Assisted Training" (AsA) in accordance with the provisions of SGB III as amended in order to successfully complete the training, if this AsA benefit was agreed between the training provider and the young person participating in the training no later than nine months after the start of the training.
Funding is excluded if
- the trainee has already completed vocational training in accordance with the provisions of the BBiG or the HwO, which generally requires a training period of at least two years, or has already acquired a comparable vocational qualification regulated by state or federal law;
- the trainee is also a participant in a project funded by the ESF+ or other public funds, the co-financing of which is based on the training allowance;
- further subsidies from public funds are granted to obtain or maintain the same training contract.
The Zentrum Bayern Familie und Soziales (ZBFS) advises the applicant companies before and during the funding process. The ZBFS (approval authority) decides on the application and, if the requirements are met within the allocated funds, approves the grant by means of a grant notification.
The project application must be submitted electronically via the ESF Bavaria 2021 database.
Log in directly on the ESF Bavaria 2021 homepage with your user name and password.
If your company is not yet registered for ESF Bavaria 2021, you can do so at any time on the ESF Bavaria 2021 website under "1. You are new here" and "Registration Fit for Work". After registering, you will automatically be sent a username and password by email.
A company may only be registered once on the ESF Bavaria 2021 website! If several employees are to have access to ESF Bavaria 2021, e.g. if several applications are to be submitted by different departments/branches, please create additional user accounts. The user who has registered for the first time is the so-called superuser. This user has the right to create additional user accounts. In ESF Bavaria 2021, you will find the menu item for this under Administration/Project sponsor user.
The application for funding must be submitted via the ESF Bavaria 2021 database no later than three months after the start of vocational training.
For young people who are supported with AsA, the application for funding must be submitted no later than three months after the AsA benefit has been agreed.
Once all the necessary documents have been submitted, the approval notice can be expected to be issued within approx. 8 to 12 weeks. The grant will only be paid out in a lump sum at the end of the approval period (usually 22 months after the start of training) after proof of use has been submitted, regardless of when the grant notification is issued.
ESF Bavaria 2021
There is a dedicated internet portal for project sponsors to process their project applications efficiently. Funding procedures can be handled completely digitally via ESF Bavaria 2021.
Before submitting an application, the company can use foerdercheck.bayern.de to obtain an initial assessment of whether the training relationship is likely to be eligible for funding.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales