Viticulture; adult education
Winegrowers in the main or sideline business without professional training as a winemaker can acquire knowledge and skills in the field of viticulture and cellar management. Applicants must have professional experience and are owners of a winery or employees.
Aim of the training
Environmentally friendly and quality-oriented work in the vineyard and in the cellar.
Form of the educational measure
The seminars are held in courses. The early scheduling of the courses enables the participants to plan the dates in time.
All seminars in theory and practice are offered in an adult-oriented form. They build on existing viticultural and cellar management experience and consequently stand out clearly from the didactics and methodology of the training. They presuppose own engagement in theory and practice and assume that certain parts of the advanced training are completed on the participant's own responsibility on the winery.
Scope of the seminars
Part 1 Viticulture - period: November - August
- 70 hrs. theory (single days, mostly Thursday, Friday and Saturday)
- 30 hrs. practice in the vineyard (evenings or Saturdays) (in groups of 6 - 8 persons / instruction by master winemakers)
After this seminar, the expert knowledge examination according to the Plant Protection Act can be taken
Part 2 Cellar Management - period: September to March
- 80 hrs. Theory in the form of weekly courses (Monday to Friday)
- 30 hours of practice in the cellar (in groups of 6 - 8 persons / instruction by masterwinemakers)
Preparation for the final examination "Winemaker"
Provided that the admission requirements are met, interested participants can take the final examination "Winemaker" according to § 45/2 of the Vocational Training Act.
To prepare for the written and practical examination, additional days (30 hrs.) are offered to deepen the material.
- Winegrowers in main and sideline business without vocational training as winegrowers
- Initial training in another profession available
- professional experience in viticulture and / or cellar management
- Owner of a winery or employee
Registration by July 31, 2023
Course start date: expected November 2023 (next course start date expected November 2023)
Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide:
Formloser Antrag (mit Unterschrift)
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Course fee (without accommodation and meals): 1,200 EUR
Settlement will be made according to the actual costs after completion of the course.
Examination fee: 180 EUR for participation in the final examination in the apprenticeship vintner, admission according to § 45 Abs. 2 BBiG
Responsible for editing:Bayerische Landesanstalt für Weinbau und Gartenbau
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited