Viticulture; adult education
Winemakers in the main and sideline without professional training as a winemaker can acquire knowledge and skills in the field of viticulture and cellar management. The applicants have professional experience in viticulture and / or cellar management and are owners of a winegrowing business or employees.
Aim of the training measure
Environmentally sound and quality-oriented work performance in the vineyard and in the cellar
Form of the training measure
The seminars are held in courses. The early determination of the courses enables the participants to plan the dates in time.
All seminars in theory and practice are offered in an adult-oriented form. They build on existing viticultural and cellar management experience and therefore stand out clearly from the didactics and methodology of the training. They require the participants' own commitment in theory and practice and assume that certain parts of the training will be completed on the participant's own responsibility.
Scope of the seminars
Part 1 Viticulture - period: November - August
- 70 hrs. theory (single days, mostly Thursday, Friday and Saturday)
- 30 hrs. practice in the vineyard (evenings or Saturdays) (in groups of 6 - 8 persons / instruction by master winemakers)
After this seminar, the expert knowledge examination according to the Plant Protection Act can be taken
Part 2 Cellar management - period: September to March
- 80 hrs. Theory in the form of weekly courses (Monday to Friday)
- 30 hours of practical training in the cellar (in groups of 6 - 8 persons / instruction by masterwinemakers)
Preparation for the "Winemaker" final examination
Provided that the admission requirements are met, interested participants can take the "Winemaker" final examination in accordance with § 45/2 of the Vocational Training Act.
To prepare for the written and practical examination, additional days (30 hours) are offered to deepen the material.
- Winegrowers in main and sideline occupation without vocational training as winegrowers
- Initial training in another profession available
- professional experience in viticulture and / or cellar management
- Owner of a winegrowing business or employee
Registration by 31 July 2023
Course start date: expected November 2023 (next course start date expected November 2023)
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Course fee (without accommodation and meals): 1,200 EUR
Settlement will be made according to the actual costs after completion of the course.
Examination fee: 180 EUR for participation in the final examination in the training occupation of winemaker, admission in accordance with § 45 Para. 2 BBiG.
Responsible for editing: Bayerische Landesanstalt für Weinbau und Gartenbau
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited