Social security; deregistration of an employee
When an employee leaves your company, you must report the end of employment to the Social Security Administration.
If personnel leave your company and the employment relationship ends, you must deregister these employees with the social insurance.
The deregistration procedure is the same for all employees, with the exception of mini-jobs in private households.
You must submit deregistrations to the social insurance system electronically. If you use a system-tested payroll accounting program in your company, you can create and send the notifications with this program. This is largely automated. Alternatively, you can use a system-checked completion aid to submit the data to the social insurance agency.
The Informationstechnische Servicestelle der gesetzlichen Krankenversicherung (ITSG GmbH) offers "sv.net", a system-tested completion aid that you can use for deregistration. The program is free of charge up to a certain usage limit.
When deregistering, you also specify the earnings subject to contributions for the registration period.
Depending on whether you perform payroll accounting in-house or have outsourced it, you can prepare the deregistration yourself or have it prepared by your external service provider (tax consultant, payroll office, service computer center).
- If you use a system-checked payroll program, you can submit the notification from this program with the notification reason "30" (end of employment).
- If you do not use a system-checked payroll program, you can submit the declaration using a system-checked completion aid such as "sv.net".
- If you use "sv.net", proceed as follows:
- Register as a new user if you have not already done so.
- Log in with your login data and your company number.
- Under "Forms" select the tile "SI declaration" and there the form "Deregistration". Select the item "30 End of employment".
- Fill in the form. All fields are provided with help texts. A manual is also available.
- Submit the deregistration by pressing a button.
- Messages and feedback can be found in your sv.net mailbox.
- Save the message or print it out and take it with you to the remuneration documents.
- Minijobs in private households are deregistered differently. To do this, you must use the household check procedure at the Minijob-Zentrale.
- If you do not deregister employees, or if you do not deregister them correctly or in good time, you are acting irregularly and must expect a fine of up to EUR 25,000.
Submit deregistration: with the next pay slip, at the latest 6 weeks after the end of the employment relationship.
Acceptance and processing of the transmitted data: within approximately 15 minutes
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited