Social security contributions; application for reimbursement by measure carrier

If you as a measure provider carry out measures for participation in working life for people with disabilities, you must pay the social insurance contributions. The employment agency or the job center will reimburse you for the social insurance contributions upon application.


The Federal Employment Agency is the rehabilitation provider if no other rehabilitation provider is responsible. This also applies to people with disabilities who are cared for by job centers. However, the special feature here is that there are shared responsibilities between the Employment Agency and the Job Center for the provision of services for occupational participation.

If the Federal Employment Agency is not itself obligated to do so, you as the measure provider must register all participants for social insurance and pay social insurance contributions during the measure. Specifically, this involves contributions to

  • health insurance,
  • pension insurance,
  • unemployment insurance, if applicable, and
  • nursing care insurance.

The employment agency or job center will reimburse you for the social insurance contributions paid, depending on your benefit responsibility.

You will receive the money monthly in arrears for the entire time the measure is running, as soon as you have submitted an application.

How high the reimbursement contributions can be depends on which measure for participation in working life it is and which personal requirements are fulfilled by the participant. For orientation, you can refer to the "Table of reimbursement contributions for vocational rehabilitation measures", which the Federal Employment Agency has agreed with the Central Association of Statutory Health Insurance (GKV SV).


  • In order to be eligible for reimbursement of social security contributions, you must be
    • Be legally obligated to make the social security declaration and pay the social security contributions,
    • have made the social security declaration and
    • have paid the contributions, and
    • have filed a claim with the appropriate benefit agency.
  • In addition, social insurance contributions can only be paid for measures for participation in working life that are sponsored by the Employment Agency or the Job Center.


You will receive a notification if you are responsible for paying and reporting social security contributions. This can be done electronically, for example via Electronic Measures Management (EMAW), or via a personal information letter.

In order for you to be reimbursed for social security contributions, you must submit an application.

  • Go to the website of the Federal Employment Agency and download the "Application for reimbursement of contribution expenses for people with disabilities" or use the online application option in your employer account.
  • Fill out the application completely. Please note the values from the table of reimbursement contributions. Submit the application to your responsible employment agency or job center or send the application online.
  • The relevant employment agency or job center will check your application.
  • If all requirements are met, you will be reimbursed for the social security contributions.


The usual limitation period of 4 years applies.

Processing time

Processing usually takes 3 weeks. (3 weeks)

Required documents

  • Required Documents

    Apart from the application for reimbursement of contribution expenses, no other documents need to be submitted.


  • Form, Bavaria-wide: Antrag auf Erstattung von Beitragsaufwendungen
    Please note

    This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.

Online procedures


  • None




Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.