Contributory remuneration for employees; reporting to the social security system
If you as a measure provider carry out measures for participation in working life for people with disabilities, you must pay the social insurance contributions. The employment agency or the job centre will reimburse you for the social insurance contributions on application.
The Federal Employment Agency is the rehabilitation provider insofar as no other rehabilitation provider is responsible. It is also the rehabilitation provider for persons with disabilities who are looked after by job centres. However, the special feature here is that there are shared responsibilities between the Federal Employment Agency and the job centres for the provision of services for occupational participation.
If the Federal Employment Agency is not itself obliged to do so, you as the measure provider must register all participants for social insurance and pay social insurance contributions during the measure. In concrete terms, this involves contributions to
- health insurance,
- pension insurance,
- unemployment insurance, if applicable, and
- nursing care insurance.
The employment agency or the job centre will reimburse you for the social insurance contributions paid, depending on your responsibility for benefits.
You will receive the money monthly in arrears for the entire time the measure is running, as soon as you have submitted an application.
How high the reimbursement contributions can be depends on which measure for participation in working life it is and which personal requirements are met. For guidance, you can refer to the "Table of reimbursement contributions for vocational rehabilitation measures", which the Federal Employment Agency has agreed with the Central Association of Statutory Health Insurance (GKV SV).
In order for you to be reimbursed for social security contributions, you must
- Be legally obligated to make the social insurance declaration and pay the social insurance contributions,
- have made the social insurance declaration and
- Paid the contributions, and
- Have filed a claim with the relevant benefit provider.
Furthermore, social insurance contributions can only be paid for measures for participation in working life that are funded by the Employment Agency or the Job Centre.
In order for you to be reimbursed for social security contributions, you must submit an application.
- Go to the website of the Federal Employment Agency and download the "Application for reimbursement of contribution expenses for disabled persons".
- Fill in the application form completely, taking note of the values in the table of reimbursement contributions. Submit the application to your competent employment agency or job centre.
- Your employment agency or job centre will check your application.
- If all the requirements are met, you will be reimbursed the social insurance contributions.
Processing usually takes 3 weeks.
Antrag auf Erstattung von Beitragsaufwendungen
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited