The agricultural accident insurance insures:
- self-employed activities in agriculture, forestry or horticulture included
- assisting spouses and life partners
- employees and
- family members working with the employee
Accident insurance covers accidents at work and on the way to and from work as well as occupational diseases.
As an entrepreneur, you are responsible for the registration as well as the payment of the contribution. For the registration you have to inform the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture (SVLFG) about the following:
- Type and object of the business
- the date of opening or the date of commencement of preparatory work for the enterprise, and
- Location of the enterprise
The following enterprises fall under the jurisdiction of the Agricultural Employer's Liability Insurance Association (LBG), which is part of the SVLFG:
- Enterprises in agriculture and forestry including:
- horticulture and viticulture
- fish farming
- pond farming
- lake, stream and river fishing (inland fishing)
- beekeeping and
- landscape conservation serving the goals of nature and environmental protection.
- agricultural and forestry contractors
- livestock enterprises without land cultivation
- Gardening and landscaping companies as well as garden maintenance companies
- Hunting enterprises
- Private park and garden maintenance companies
If you register your business with the locally responsible trade office, separate registration for accident insurance is usually not necessary. The business registration is automatically forwarded to the accident insurance.
Under the law, entrepreneurs of agricultural, forestry and horticultural businesses are compulsorily insured with the LBG.
Note: Only one accident insurance provider is ever responsible for your business, even if your business has components in different sectors. The main focus of the company is decisive. There is no right of choice.