Participation in the labor market; applying for funding when hiring people who have been long-term unemployed for many years

If you, as an employer, would like to employ people who have not worked for at least 6 years or have only worked for a short period of time and have received citizen's allowance, you can apply to the Jobcenter for subsidies for wage costs.



  • The person for whom you wish to receive the grant must
    • be over 25 years old,
    • have received citizen's allowance for at least 6 years within the last 7 years
    • not have been employed at all or only briefly during this time.
    • If at least one minor child lives in the household or if the person is severely disabled, the person must have received citizen's allowance in the last 5 years.
  • The employment must be subject to social security contributions.
  • Support is excluded if
    • you terminate an existing employment relationship in order to receive a wage subsidy or
    • you no longer make use of a subsidy previously provided for the employment relationship without a special reason.


In order to receive the wage subsidy, you must submit an application before you hire someone and the employment contract is concluded.

  • Get in touch with your contact person at the Jobcenter. They will advise you on the subsidy and provide you with the application form or you can submit the application online.
  • Complete the funding application and submit it to the Jobcenter or submit the application online.
  • Your job center will check your application and inform you whether the employment relationship is eligible for funding and whether the person you wish to employ is eligible for this funding.
  • If the response is positive, you can conclude the employment contract and send it to the Jobcenter immediately.
  • If all requirements are met, your employee will be assigned to you and you will receive a notice of approval.

The Jobcenter will take care of coaching your employee during the employment process.

You must also first submit an application so that the Jobcenter can cover the costs of further training.

  • Get in touch with your contact person at the Jobcenter. They will give you the application form.
  • Complete the funding application and submit it to the Jobcenter with all the necessary documents.
  • Your Jobcenter will check your application. If all requirements are met, you will receive a notice of approval.

As an employer, you must notify the Jobcenter of the internship before it begins.


Apply for the wage subsidy before you conclude the employment contract with your new employee.

Objection period: 1 month

Processing time


Required documents

  • Required Documents

    • Fully completed application
    • employment contract


  • Fee: none


  • Contradiction


Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.