Internship allowance; application for a subsidy from the Jobcenter
If you would like to introduce young people to vocational training in your company via a paid internship, you can apply for a subsidy for internship remuneration.
- The internship must:
- last between 6 and 12 months.
- be remunerated and socially insured.
- The intern must belong to the eligible group of persons. This must be checked by the job center.
- The trainee must not have been employed in your company before.
- The entry-level qualification may not take place in the company of the spouse, life partner or parents.
- If vocational school is compulsory, the trainee must attend vocational school and be registered in the relevant specialist class.
You must apply for the grant for entry-level training in writing:
- Specify internship content, duration, remuneration and suitability criteria for participants and report the open offer to your chamber and to your employment agency.
- You will then receive information about a preliminary funding commitment.
- If your prospective trainees do not receive benefits from the job center, ask them to report to the employment agency. This is the only way to check whether they belong to the eligible group of persons.
- If the applicant belongs to the eligible group of persons, conclude an EQ contract with him or her. You can download a sample contract or ask your chamber for one.
- Before the start of the internship, apply to your employer service or the job center for a subsidy for the internship remuneration. Attach a copy of the EQ contract.
- Then register the intern with the health insurance fund and the employers' liability insurance association.
- You will receive written notification from the Jobcenter as to whether the subsidy will be granted.
- If your applicant is required to attend vocational school, you must register him or her at the vocational school and preferably in the appropriate technical class before the internship begins.
- If your intern requires support with the entry-level qualification, he or she should coordinate this with the job center and apply for these support services if required.
There is no deadline. You must apply for funding before the introductory training begins. The applicant must be registered at the vocational school before the start of the internship if vocational school is compulsory.
Your application will usually be processed within 4 to 8 weeks. (4 to 8 weeks)
- Contract on an introductory training between the company and the young person
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited