Assisted training (AsA) can accompany you on your way to finding and taking up a suitable training position, right up to the successful completion of your in-company vocational training.
The AsA supports you, for example, in the event of poor grades or problems at the training company/vocational school or at home that jeopardize the start/success of the training.
You can also receive support from the AsA when completing an introductory qualification (EQ).
An education provider with experienced teachers, social pedagogues and a training companion will develop an individual support plan with you.
Depending on your individual needs, you can receive support for a limited period of time, but also during the entire training/ EQ.
During participation, a training mentor is available to you as a permanent contact person.
If you are doing your in-company vocational training or EQ on a part-time basis, you can receive equal support during the accompanying phase of AsA.
As a young person with disabilities, you can also participate in the AsA if your individual support needs can be covered and participation in working life is achieved.
Your training company can also be supported within the framework of the AsA in order to lead your training or EQ to success.
The AsA is divided into 2 phases.
Preliminary phase (optional)
This phase supports the search for and acceptance of an in-company training position. Contents can be for example:
- if necessary also vocational orientation,
- job application training,
- strengthening of motivation or
- to a limited extent, the reduction of language and educational deficits.
Participation is full-time (39 hours of instruction per week) and generally lasts 6 months. If you are unable to find an in-company training position during this time, participation can be extended by a further 2 months.
If you have signed a company training contract or a contract for the implementation of an EQ, you can participate in the accompanying phase of the AsA at any time if you need further support.
While participating in the preliminary phase, you can receive vocational training assistance.
Note for customers who receive benefits from the Jobcenter (Bürgergeld):
If you participate in the AsA preliminary phase, you will receive an additional Bürgergeld bonus of 75 euros per month from 01.07.2023. You do not need to submit your own application for this.
Note for training companies:
As a training company, you can get to know your future trainee during the preliminary phase, for example through an internship, and also receive support from the training provider. These are for example:
- Support for the trainers in the company in preparation for the training program
- Support in the preparation of application documents for the application of subsidies by the training company.
In this phase you can be supported
- by helping to overcome language and learning difficulties
- in the promotion of theoretical skills, knowledge and abilities
- with measures to successfully complete the training/ EQ and not to drop out, and
- preparing for the transition to a job that is subject to compulsory insurance after the end of training
- in the stabilization or search for employment after the end of the training.
Their support is coordinated with the training company and goes beyond the teaching of standard company and training content. You and the training company receive individual support.
The number of hours per week for the exchange and teaching program will be individually tailored to your needs. As a rule, these take place outside of the company's training hours.
The duration of your support is based on your individual needs. This can be the case for the entire duration of your training / EQ, or only temporarily.
The previous offers of the training-accompanying assistance (abH) like:
- Tutoring for lessons at the vocational school,
- tutoring for language classes,
- preparation for class tests and exams,
- Mediating discussions between trainers, teachers and/or parents,
- Social pedagogical support or
- support with personal problems that have an impact on training/ EQ
are still available, now within the framework of the AsA.
The AsA can be suspended for a maximum of 6 months if you temporarily have no need for support. If no further support is needed at the end of the 6 months, the AsA will be terminated.
Follow-up support is possible for up to 6 months after you have completed your training, if necessary, once you have found a job. If it has not worked out with taking up a job, the AsA can still support you in finding a job up to 1 year after the end of your vocational training.
If you incur travel expenses as part of the AsA, you must pay for these yourself. The Employment Agency or the Job Center will not reimburse these costs.
Note for training companies:
As a training company, you will receive the following during the accompanying phase
- The necessary assistance in the administration, organization and implementation of the training / EQ of the supported trainee / participant in an EQ as well as
- support in the day-to-day running of the company to stabilize the training relationship/ EQ.
Regular discussions with your trainees/participants in an EQ help to identify difficulties and develop solutions.
This requires a written declaration to the training provider that you will allow your trainees or participants in an EQ to take part in the individual support services within the framework of the AsA.