Assisted training; application

If you have difficulties in your in-company vocational training or introductory qualification, you and your training company can receive support so that you can successfully start or complete your training or introductory qualification.



You can participate in assisted training under the following conditions:

  • You are basically without initial vocational training.
  • You have the training maturity and already have ideas regarding your career choice.
  • You have completed your full-time compulsory education.
  • You can, for personal reasons
    • not be able to start, continue or successfully complete vocational training in a company without participating in assisted training, or
    • cannot establish or consolidate an employment relationship after completing a vocational training program supported by Assisted Training, or
  • They require additional support during an introductory training program due to reasons inherent in their person.

Preliminary phase: Special requirements for foreigners:

  • They are aiming for in-company vocational training.
  • Access to the training or labor market is open to you. If you are not allowed to work in Germany, you cannot receive the support.
  • You can be sponsored if you are allowed to train or work, but also if the foreigners authority can allow you to work. The permit itself is not yet required for participation in the preliminary phase.
  • If you are permitted or tolerated in Germany, you must also have a legal residence in Germany of at least 15 months. If you entered before August 1, 2019, a shortened period of at least 3 months applies.
  • If you are permitted in Germany, you cannot receive vocational training assistance. Under certain conditions, you can receive benefits under the Asylum Seekers' Benefits Act.

Special requirements and exclusion criteria for your participation in the accompanying phase:

  • Before entering the accompanied phase, you must have signed a training/contract for the implementation of an entry-level qualification.
  • Assisted training can be used to support in-company vocational training if it is provided in an
    • a state-recognized training occupation under the Vocational Training Act, the Crafts Code or the Maritime Labour Act, or
    • is carried out in accordance with Part 2, also in conjunction with Part 5, of the Nursing Professions Act or the Elderly Care Act
    • and the vocational training contract prescribed for this purpose has been concluded.
  • In the case of school-based training, you cannot be supported with Assisted Training.
  • There are no restrictions with regard to nationality, residence status and previous residence time for your participation as a foreigner in the assisted phase after taking up in-company vocational training.
  • To take up in-company vocational training, you as a foreigner should generally have a language level of B2 (cf. Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR))


You can take part in an assisted training measure after a personal interview at the employment agency or job center, if you meet the eligibility requirements, if there is a corresponding measure in your region and if there is a free place. If a personal interview is not possible, your request can also be discussed by telephone.

  • Contact the relevant employment agency or - if you receive a citizen's allowance - the relevant job center and arrange an appointment.
  • At this meeting, present the documents and evidence that prove your need for support.
  • Together, you will discuss your need for support and any questions that arise from your documents.
  • Based on the information available, the employment agency or job center will check whether you meet the requirements for participation and inform you of the result.
  • If participation is intended for you, the vocational counselor of the employment agency or the integration specialist of the job center will name the educational institution that offers assisted training and discuss the further procedure with you.

Note for training companies:

As a company that provides training or would like to provide training, please contact the employer hotline of the Employment Agency or the Employment Agency responsible for your place of employment. If the Job Center is responsible for supporting your trainee, their responsibility depends on the trainee's residential address.

Processing time

If your career counselor is not able to determine right away during the counseling session whether you can participate in the assisted training, ask how long the clarification will take. Generally, the processing does not take longer than 3 weeks. (0 to 3 weeks)

Required documents

  • Required Documents

    • Half-year or final report of the last general school attended and
    • Six-month or final report card from the most recently attended secondary vocational school, if available.
    • if the school leaving certificate is not available: proof of completion of full-time compulsory schooling
    • Curriculum vitae
    • identity card or passport
    • if applicable:
      • Training contract/contract on the implementation of an introductory qualification (if available)
      • Current vocational school certificate
    • Identity card with residence status


  • Fee: none


  • Opposition


Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.