New materials and substances; application for funding
The Free State of Bavaria supports cooperation projects in the field of new materials, provided they can be assigned to industrial research or experimental development.
- The implementation of the project must be associated with a considerable technical and economic risk.
- The project must be characterized by a high degree of innovation, i.e. the technologies, products and services to be developed must go beyond the state of the art in science and technology.
- The essential parts of the project must be carried out in Bavaria.
- Funding will not be provided for projects that have already been started before the project management organization receives a verifiable application or that are essentially carried out on behalf of third parties not involved in the collaborative project.
- At least one of the partners significantly involved in the project must already have specific research and development capacities and relevant technical experience at the time of application, in the case of companies also in the area of production.
- Applicants or project participants must demonstrably use an appropriate amount of their own or external funds to finance the project, which are not financed by other public funding or subsidized.
- Cumulation with European Union funds or other state aid is only possible under the conditions of Art. 8 of the General Block Exemption Regulation (GBER).
- Companies in difficulty pursuant to Art. 1 (4) lit. c) in conjunction with Art. 2 No. 18 GBER are not eligible for funding. This applies in particular to applicants for whom insolvency proceedings have been applied for or opened. The same applies to applicants and, if the applicant is a legal entity, to its legal representatives who have made an affidavit in accordance with Section 807 of the German Code of Civil Procedure (ZPO) or Section 284 of the German Fiscal Code (AO) or are obliged to do so.
- Aid may not be granted under these funding principles to a company that has not complied with a recovery order based on an earlier Commission decision declaring aid to be unlawful and incompatible with the common market.
- The publication of the approval of projects is carried out in accordance with Art. 9 para. 1 lit. c) GBER in conjunction with Annex III GBER.
- Outlines and applications for grants must be submitted to the project management organization.
- Applications must be submitted in a specific form and must be submitted electronically. The access data for this can be obtained from the project management organization. Further information is available on the Internet platform for electronic applications (ELAN) of the State Ministry of Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy (see "Online procedure").
- The project management organization will review the outlines and applications in the name of and on behalf of the Free State of Bavaria, will make a recommendation for the funding decision, if necessary with the involvement of experts, and will process the funding, process the payment requests, review the interim reports, the proof of use and the utilization reports as well as handle the correspondence with the applicants. The project management organization is entitled to obtain explanations from the applicants regarding the applications and the processing of the funding. The project management organization is obliged to maintain confidentiality.
- The granting authority is the Bavarian State Ministry of Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy. The approval authority issues the grant notification and disburses the funding. The calls for funds and the proof of use must be submitted to the project sponsor, who forwards them to the granting authority.
- The Bavarian Supreme Audit Office is authorized to conduct additional audits of the grant recipients in accordance with Art. 91 BayHO.
- Calls for funding are issued.
- Early contact with the project sponsor is recommended.
- Funding is provided without legal entitlement within the scope of available budget funds.
Project outlines and project description
In the first stage, project outlines (in accordance with the call for proposals) must be submitted to the project management organization in full and on time. After a comparative project selection, an application including a detailed project description, including an exploitation plan and proof of funding, must be submitted for selected projects for each network participant. Projects that are not selected will not be considered further.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited