Private secondary schools; application for a subsidy
After the statutory waiting period, school authorities of private secondary schools, grammar schools, Waldorf schools (from year 5) and schools of the second educational pathway receive a subsidy amounting to 65% of the operating subsidy in accordance with Art. 38 of the Bavarian School Financing Act.
Among other things:
- State funding is only granted to schools that are operated by legal entities under public or private law and operate on a non-profit basis (proof must be provided in the form of a certificate from the tax office). This also includes ecclesiastical legal entities, including those pursuant to Art. 9 of the Bavarian Concordat with the Holy See of March 29, 1924 and Art. 13 of the Treaty between the Bavarian State and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Bavaria on the Right Bank of the Rhine of November 15, 1924.
- State recognition of the school; in the case of state approval, the requirements of Art. 45 Para. 2 BaySchFG must be met.
These include, among other things, that
- there are no significant objections from the school supervisory authority,
- the school has been in operation for at least 4 school years by 01.08. of a year (start of subsidy) and
- the school is intended to operate on a permanent basis.
As a rule, the Bavarian State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs grants the subsidies with payments on account on February 15, May 15 and August 15 on the basis of the previous year's subsidy and a final payment including settlement on November 15 of the respective year.
The school authorities receive the application documents from the State Ministry at the beginning of the year and submit them in writing by March 31st of the year together with the necessary supporting documents.
Authorized persons receive the necessary forms from the Bavarian State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs every year.
Applications for the annual subsidy must be submitted by March 31 of the year.
The application is processed in the current grant year (financial year). The grants are also awarded in the same year.
Copy of the notice from the tax office on the (provisional) recognition of non-profit status
Entitled persons receive the necessary forms annually from the Bavarian State Ministry for Education and Culture, Science and the Arts.
(the documents required in individual cases will be referred to in a general letter to all school authorities)
Antrag auf staatliche Leistungen gemäß Art. 45 Abs. 2 BaySchFG
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Objection or administrative court action
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Unterricht und Kultus
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited