Private secondary schools; application for an operating subsidy
School authorities of private secondary schools, grammar schools, Waldorf schools (from year 5) and schools of the second educational pathway receive an operating subsidy for staff costs and school expenses in accordance with Art. 38 and Art. 45 Para. 1 of the Bavarian School Financing Act.
Among other things:
- State funding is only granted to schools that are operated by legal entities under public or private law and operate on a non-profit basis (proof must be provided in the form of a certificate from the tax office). This also includes ecclesiastical legal entities, including those pursuant to Art. 9 of the Bavarian Concordat with the Holy See of March 29, 1924 and Art. 13 of the Treaty between the Bavarian State and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Bavaria on the Right Bank of the Rhine of November 15, 1924.
- State recognition of the school; in the case of state approval, the requirements of Art. 45 para. 1 BaySchFG must be met.
These include, among other things, that
- the school is fully developed,
- the school offers the guarantee that it permanently fulfills the educational objectives of the corresponding public schools in such a way that it appears to be equivalent to public schools,
- there are no significant objections from the school supervisory authorities,
- the school has been in operation for at least 4 school years as of August 1st of a year (start of subsidy) and
- the school is intended to operate on a permanent basis.
Grants are usually awarded by the Bavarian State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs with payments on account on February 15, May 15 and August 15 on the basis of the previous year's grant and a final payment including settlement on November 15 of the respective year.
The school authorities receive the application documents from the Bavarian State Ministry at the beginning of the year and submit them in writing by May 31st of the year together with the necessary supporting documents.
Authorized persons receive the necessary forms from the Bavarian State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs every year.
Applications for the annual subsidy must be submitted by May 31 of the year.
The application is processed in the current grant year (financial year). The grants are also awarded in the same year.
Betriebs- und Versorgungzuschuss - Antragsformular
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Objection or administrative court action
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Unterricht und Kultus
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited