Participation in the labor market; application for funding when hiring people who have been unemployed for at least 2 years
If you, as an employer, would like to employ long-term unemployed people who have been unemployed for at least 2 years and are receiving citizen's allowance at the time of your application, you can apply for wage subsidies from the Jobcenter.
The person for whom you wish to receive the grant must
- be receiving citizen's allowance at the time of your application
- have been unemployed for at least 2 years and
- have not yet taken up employment despite the Jobcenter's placement efforts.
- The employment must be subject to social insurance contributions.
- You must employ the employee for at least 2 years.
Funding is excluded if
- you are terminating an existing employment relationship in order to receive a wage subsidy or
- you wish to employ a person who has been employed by you for more than 3 months in the last 4 years and who is subject to social insurance contributions.
In order to receive the wage subsidy, you must submit an application before you hire someone and the employment contract is concluded.
- Get in touch with your contact person at the Jobcenter. They will advise you on the subsidy and provide you with the application form or the application online.
- Complete the funding application and submit it to the Jobcenter.
- Your job center will check your application and inform you whether the employment relationship is eligible for funding and whether the person you would like to hire is eligible for this funding.
- If the response is positive, you can conclude the employment contract and send it to the Jobcenter immediately.
- If all requirements are met, you will receive a notice of approval from the Jobcenter.
- The job center will arrange the employment coaching for your employee.
Apply for the wage subsidy before you conclude the employment contract with your new employee.
Objection period: 1 month
- Fully completed application
- employment contract
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited