Under certain conditions, you can receive a subsidy for your contribution to the Agricultural Pension Fund.
As a farmer or the spouse of a farmer, you are subject to compulsory insurance with the Agricultural Pension Fund. You have received a notification of this.
You can apply for a contribution subsidy for your contribution and for the contribution for family members working with you if:
Your annual income does not exceed 60 percent of the reference amount in social insurance for the respective year.
The annual income is calculated from:
- the annual income of the farmer and
- the annual income of spouses or partners who are not permanently separated from them.
- Half of the income is attributed to the spouses. The same applies to civil partners.
- In total, the income in a marriage may not exceed twice the above-mentioned limit.
- All types of income under income tax law are taken into account, as well as income in lieu of income, such as pensions or sick pay.
You can apply for the contribution subsidy in writing, in person, by telephone or via online procedure. To meet the deadline, you can initially submit the application for exemption informally, for example by telephone.
- Download the application form from the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture website.
- Fill out form completely and gather the required documents.
- Send your completed and signed application with the required documents by mail to the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture.
- If necessary, register on the service portal of the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture. Upon registration, you will receive your personal access data by mail.
- Go to the service portal of the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture and log in there.
- Fill out the web form and upload the necessary evidence via the mailbox function. Once your details have been confirmed, your data will be transmitted online to the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture.
Apply in person at the consultation meeting:
- Compile the documents required for the application
- Make an appointment at the Agricultural Pension Fund or an advisory office of the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture (SVLFG).
Applying by telephone:
- Call the service number of the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture and ask to be connected to the person in charge of your case.
- You will receive the form necessary for the complete application by mail or electronically.
At the end of the procedure, you will receive a decision on your contribution subsidy.
Note: A person you trust can also submit your subsidy application on your behalf. For this purpose, please submit an appropriate power of attorney to your Landwirtschaftliche Alterskasse. As long as the power of attorney is valid, your Landwirtschaftliche Alterskasse will only contact your authorized person.
There are the following indications:
First of all, the application can also be informal in order to meet the deadline.
The contribution subsidy starts in the calendar month in which the requirements are met, if you submit the application within 3 months.
If you apply later, the contribution subsidy will start at the earliest from the calendar month in which you submit the application.
If the insurance obligation for the past is determined, the period begins with the notification of the decision on this insurance obligation.
If all the required documents are available, the Agricultural Pension Fund usually makes a decision within 2 weeks. (2 Wochen)
Antrag auf Beitragszuschuss
This form has to be signed and submitted to the responsible authority in person.
- An appeal against the notice of contribution subsidy can be lodged within one month (3 months abroad) of its notification.
- If the appeal is not successful, there is the possibility of a lawsuit before the social court.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales