Membership in the Bavarian Lawyers' and Tax Consultants' Association; Transmission of Information
The Bavarian Lawyers' and Tax Consultants' Pension Scheme grants pension benefits in old age, in the event of occupational disability and to surviving dependents. For this purpose, it requires certain information from the new member.
The Bavarian Lawyers' and Tax Consultants' Association (BRAStV) is responsible for
- Lawyers and tax consultants in Bavaria
- patent attorneys with their office in Bavaria, Hamburg, Hesse, North Rhine-Westphalia or Rhineland-Palatinate.
The BRAStV is a public law institution with administrative autonomy and has the task of providing for its members in old age and in the event of occupational disability, as well as for the member's surviving dependents.
The pension scheme is part of the statutory pension scheme and thus the first pillar of old-age provision.
The members of the BRAStV acquire their pension entitlement by paying compulsory contributions and/or voluntary additional payments.
Compulsory membership exists for the entire period of membership in the professional chamber (in the case of patent attorneys for the duration of the existence of the office in the area of jurisdiction).
In order to verify the compulsory membership, data must be submitted via the survey form.
To a very limited extent, there is the possibility of exemption from compulsory membership in the pension fund.
Compulsory membership exists for the entire period of membership in the professional chamber (in the case of patent attorneys, for the duration of the existence of the office in the area of jurisdiction.
- Compulsory membership in one of the chambers of attorneys or chambers of tax consultants in Bavaria
- Compulsory membership in a chamber of patent attorneys and a registered office in Bavaria, Hamburg, Hesse, North Rhine-Westphalia or Rhineland-Palatinate
- No occupational disability
After registration in the professional chamber, the membership data are transmitted by the professional chamber to the BRAStV.
At the beginning of membership in the BRAStV, the new member must complete the "Membership Survey Form" and send it to the BRAStV. The completed survey form (see under "Forms") can be sent by mail or electronically (see under "Online procedure").
The survey form is required for further information relevant to membership, such as the amount of income subject to contributions, possible participation in the SEPA direct debit procedure, affiliation with another pension scheme of the profession.
The member will then receive a membership notice from the BRAStV by mail.
Administrative court action
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited